1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djhurley, Feb 14, 2005.

1. djhurley

djhurley Member

I keep getting this message with every dvd i try to burn....."The directory you selected already contains a VIDEO_TS directory. All IFO, VOB and BUP files will be deleted.
    Since this started no movie I copy will play in my dvd player(Xbox). Some of these have been Xvid, avi, and rar(extracted) files. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

All the files you mentioned are files that have to be converted into DVD compliant files before you can burn them into a working DVD.

Since you have Nero, use NeroVision Express 3(NVE 3). It will allow you you to convert the files(It also converts faster than most of the other file conversion apps), add more than one file at a time, create a custom menu for your compilation so you can navigate and go to any file you wish, set chapters, compress, and burn to DVD all in one app.

It even has a software remote control with which to preview your work and make sure it works and allows you to make any changes you wish before you burn to disc.

Also, here is a basic NVE 3 guide I wrote that may be of some help:

http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=Nero

I would also recommend getting a DVD player since they are cheaper to replace than your X Box. You'll save wear and tear on your X Box laser playing movies on it. You can get the Philips DVP 642 for 65.00(a lot cheaper than replacing your X Box laser or buying a new one), it is a good inexpensive DVD player that plays all formats including Divx and Mpeg, and has some neat features like zoom, etc.. It's bios can even be updated by Downloading on a CD from the net.