1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning problems...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by artesian, Jun 10, 2002.

1. artesian

artesian Guest

hey i've been reading a bunch of threads, and a few people seem to be having the same problem as me. i am ripping dvd's (small ones) and trying to put them onto a DVD+RW using nero, with all the settings that have been suggested. when i'm done burning, i have a disc that will play in my computer dvd-rom drive, but not on a set top player. i am using an Xbox to test it, and i know that the disc is good and the xbox can read it because i have made homemade dvd's out of little avi files. i have tried to use ifoedit to make a disc image, but with no success because i'm running xp. anyone have any suggestions? maybe different burning software?

2. artesian

artesian Guest

ps, am i missing a step or anything besides ripping it, checking it with ifoedit, and burning it?? this couldn't be more frustrating...

3. mikeyc

mikeyc Member

First off, you need to be using Prassi DVD instead of Nero.

Nero might work for the small .avi files, but does not work well for movies.

Other than software issues, just read the guides here, and doom9.org, mpucoder.com, etc.

Good luck!