1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning ROM 7 Freezes on load

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by JinxDojo, May 19, 2007.

1. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

A few weeks ago, for seemingly no reason, my copy of Nero Burning ROM stopped booting. InCD and other tools still worked, but the key program, nero.exe, would freeze my entire computer when I attempted to load it. I should note that it did not take 100% processing (or even increase much beyond idling)--according to Process Explorer. Frustrated, I attempted to uninstall/reinstall. When that didn't work, I attempted it again using CleanTools. I've since attempted using my old CD of Nero to reinstall (after uninstalling with CleanTools).

Eventually, I was able to get Nero Burning ROM 6.x to work, but my InCD DVDs were unreadable using InCD 4.x, and InCD 5.x requires Nero 7. Thus I attempted to uninstall, clean, and reinstall once more, only to wind up back at square one: Nero Burning ROM refuses to boot. I've seen it suggested that, ideally, I should remain using Nero Burning ROM 6.x, and I would be happy to do this (I need no features from the newer version, and I actually prefer the "Save Log" button being uncollapsed in Nero 6). Unfortunately, this makes my InCD 5.x DVDs unreadable.

I know one possibility is to finalize the InCD 5.x DVDs, copy all of the data back to the hard drive and re-create InCD 4.x DVDs. However, this is a very large quantity of work and time, and I would really prefer it if I could simply either get Nero Burning ROM 7 working or InCD 5.x installed without using Nero Burning ROM 7.

I have, of course, tried contacting Ahead and have received no reply. Primarily due to their lack of support, I honestly now have no intention to ever purchase an Ahead product again. Nevertheless, I would like to remedy this problem, since it is seriously disabling my need to perform much needed backups.

I am running an AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 896MB RAM, MSI MB, >5GB Freespace. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you very much,

Jinx Dojo

2. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

I understand there are a lot of threads to go through and not all can be read at first glance, but I really think that a real problem (having nothing to do with burn speed/firmware being out of date/quality media) with the program itself should supersede problems that can be answered elsewhere. Is there a cause why Nero Burning ROM 7 might fail to load whereas version 6 loads properly?

I know this isn't official Nero support, but I'm surprised that with some of the minds out there, this problem cannot be addressed. Thank you,

Jinx

3. bethefin

bethefin Member

I HAD THIS PROBLEM ALONG WITH LS_HSI DIALOG BOX COMING UP WHEN I CLICKED ON STARTSMART.A FORUM MEMBER SUGGESTED A CONFLICT BETWEEN NERO AND LIGHTSCRIBE.I DID NOT HAVE LIGHTSCRIBE BUT NERO THOUGHT I DID.THE MEMBER (I THINK IT WAS ATTAR) POSTED A LINK TO CLEAR THE PRO.BLEM

4. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

Could you post that link? Or perhaps point me to where the link was posted?

5. bethefin

bethefin Member

www.cd-burner-help.com/blog/2006/04/