1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning Rom freezes mid burn on NEC-3500A

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ColeCash, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ColeCash

ColeCash Member

Hi, I searched the forum but haven't found a specific solution to my problem.
    I'm running an Athlon XP 1800 with 512Ram and windows XP sp2 with an 80gig HD.

Using Nero Burning Rom 6.3.1.10 and original firmware for the NEC-3500A burning to Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R. My burner is functioning in UDMA mode.

I'm burning an ISO file of a DVD game I backed up but nero will freeze during the burn. The timer keeps going but there is no progress on the %written. I tried twice, the first time it froze on %83 the second time %68. Anyone know any reasons why Nero would freeze?

Thanks.

2. ColeCash

ColeCash Member

Never mind. I got it to burn in Alcohol 120%. Acohol is great.

3. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

... as much as trying another program would be good, i'd really like the one i have to work
    i have the same problem
    i graduated out of the nerovision express forum, now that they seem to have that working... now i can burn them to images, but i cant burn the images to dvds because it freezes
    so far i have tried to use nero burning rom to burn 3 cds and 3 dvds and 1 dvdRW
    the one DVDRW worked
    not one cd or dvd has worked
    my dvd burner came with a tiny little program called Sonic Record. No one has even heard of it, but it [bold]works[/bold] atleast.
    I've tried burning video onto dvds for dvd playback, i've tried burning data dvds for storage, i've tried audio cds and i've tried data cds
    ALL OF THEM FAILED in the manner proscribed above.
    the timer counts up, the progress stops
    upon aborting the latest attempt it froze my computer in a manner so strange, i can scarcely describe it.
    half of the graphics of nero went off, and windows generally stopped responding. an ALT-TAB would work, albeit very very slowly. ctrl-alt-del did nothing and eventually moving the mouse caused the computer to beep. presumably it filled up some kind of mouse buffer.
    What the heck am i supposed to do?
    i have flashed my dvdrw, its a BenQ model
    (oh look, the Sonic Record CD just finished and ejected for me, how nice)
    Nero 2 was *great*
    Nero 3 seems to be realllllllly bad