1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning rom problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by meliss, Dec 28, 2004.

1. meliss

meliss Member

Hi,

I'm new to DVD burning, and have just downloaded DVD shrink and nero 6 (nero burning rom) to use in conjunction.

The problem I am having is when I hit burn on nero and it prompts me to select a location for the image file (i assume the image file is what i am wanting to burn?) - i direct it to the blank dvd in the e:/ but then it says that "the dvd in drive e is not formatted" "do you want to format it now?" i click yes and then it says that "the disk in drive e cannot be formatted". I have tried both dvd-r and dvd+r disks as I am not sure which my dvd drive accepts, and both have the same result.

Also, I read in another thread that you should use Recode to be able to fit the image file on the dvd, is Recode another program or a function of Nero?

Thanks
    Melissa

2. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

yes recode is apart of nero suit.

but what are you trying to burn, a video file that you already have on you comp. or a backup of one of your other dvd's

==when you open nero burning rom, the 2 box's on the left are for the dvd, the 2 on the right side is for you to find your files. go to where your compressed files are...select all of them and drag them into the video_ts folder on the left side. [depending on your version (its the red one)] then when you click burn, you should not get that message.

my email is tctatsu@yahoo.com if you email me your email of post it up here i can send you my file that will explain everything for you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

hi Melissa,
    I think you should select a location on your hard drive for the image file. It is just a location for the files to be stored before burning.

Your DVD burner should be listed in the drop-down menu located at the upper right of the Burning ROM screen. That is the actual target.

You can set Shrink so that Nero is opened automatically. That way you don't have to start the burn process. Open Shrink, select Edit, then Preferences. Click on the File I/O tab and then just check the box "Enable burning with Nero". Shrink will now do all the work for you.
    Scubapete guide:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide2.html

Cheers,
    Frank

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  4. dvdj

dvdj Member

yes I think you are selecting a destination folder the default should suffice that is the place where the files will be stored on your computer make sure that the folder has at least 4.38 gig's of space and as frank suggested [enable burning with nero]

5. meliss

meliss Member

Thanks for all your help, working perfectly now!

Cheers
    Melissa