1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning slower after update

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by goodjam, Feb 14, 2005.

1. goodjam

goodjam Member

Hello All.
    I recently upgraded my NERO to 6.3 and have since have had a long delay in burning.. I'm using the BENQ 16x with TDK 8x +R disc. Burns for a shrunk (4463) movie have been taking over an hour. I recently read to remove InCD, could this be the problem?
    Also, am I correct in thinking that the media will only burn as fast as it's listed? ie 4x will only burn @4x's and so on?

Thanks goodjam(novice)

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try removing the incd packet in nero.

I upgraded a while back and made sure I left off incd packet.I burned dvd's just fine,but it would take me over an hour to burn a music cd.I used nero tools to remove it and re-booted my nero 6.0.0.23b and all was back to par.

Media burns as fast was what it lists? NOT!
    Your burner's firmware tell's it what it can burn and how fast it can burn it.It reads those manufacturers codes. Take my benq 1620: My firmware is b-7 c-9, I can burn sony +1-8x at 16x if I wanted to,I have that option.The opposite can happen too, 4x media may be only able to burn at 2.4x even though the burner's speed is rated at 8x.

I have not tried any tdk's other than the 2.4x + rw's.

Any more ???,just come on back. Later

3. goodjam

goodjam Member

I think you may have a good pooint there..
    Everything was fine prior to updating NERO to 6.3.
    One problem may be the media I've been using..
    Khypermedia 4x DVD-R mainly a data disc..

Other problems have been while using BENQ 1620 to burn to HEWLETT PACKARD 50 PACK 8X DVD+R the BENQ freezes..
    But when I use my NEC 8x burner with (DVD+R only) everything works fine..

The NEC is the master with the BENQ the slave..
    I'm going to switch media to the Ridata and see what happens.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey goodjam, Khypermedia media is one of the worst discs made.They should code as an-30 or longten-01,very poor manufacturers.

Those hp's aren't much better,they should code as cmc mag-e01. C-mags for short,another poor,unreliable manufacturer.

Media quality is the #1 problem for dvd burning. The poor manufacturers can really screw you up.Poor media has to be burned very slow,just to even get them to work. High quality media is all I use: Ty,mitsubishi,maxell,and ricohjpn.

Ritek,ty yuden, and maxell are pretty good brand names. Most brands of media uses many different manufacturers,ty,ritek,and maxell are pretty safe and are very good media.They don't use c-magnetics corp for any of their media.

Here's a program,you can get the free trial version here: http://www.dvdinfopro.com
    It will allow you to find the manufacturers code and also you can scan your backups for errors.

I've got my dvd-rom on secondary master and benq as secondary slave. Very nice combo and quick backups.

5. goodjam

goodjam Member

OK
    Oh the problems of being a newbie!!

I'm going to return the BARE unit I have for a request a new unit with the installation software and start everything from scratch.
    From reading on this site it could be everything from background systems, to connection wires so I'll be patient. or try to be

I was thinking of maybe trying the NEX 3250A, but some reviews aren't good..
    I'm really looking for soemthing that will burn both +/- 8x or 16x just as long as it works..

Any advice I'd would greatly appreciate if possible..
    If you need system setup let me know.

We can barter..your advice for an America West travel pass..

Thanks