1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning VCDs

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by feral, Nov 17, 2002.

1. feral

feral Guest

I'm new at this so bear with me. Recently purchased TDK Velocd rewriter which included Nero Express. Supposed to be capable of burning VCDs playable on my dvd player. From dozens of attempts I've had two which worked and they only had about 20 minutes of video on them. When adding tracks the bar indicator shows I have plenty of room to spare but the "burn" never really starts. Machine goes thru the motions showing % of burn completed but the laser never actually fires (no red light in the tower and disc still blank at end plus burn always hangs/stops 50% to 75% through. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or if it's a defect in the product or software. I'm ready to pull someones hair out (not mine, I'm conserving what I've got left.)
    thanks feral

2. Miek

Miek Guest

Alot of DVD players dont support CD-R CD-RW VCD SVCD DVD-R DVD-RW etc. Read your DVD players manual. My parents spent $500 on the best Consumer DVD player last year for christmas, an Onkyo. An to our surprise it didn't support any CD-R or CD-RW formats. Needless to say they were as angry as you.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I've heard of this problem on several different occasions. Each time I heard it, it had something to do with Nero Express. Do you have the normal Nero Burning Rom??? I find that great for burning vcd's.

Also, the problem could be in the cd-r media that you are using. If a dvd player supports cd-rs, you will still find a few brands dodgy in it!