1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burns but gives disc error....

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gurai, Feb 26, 2007.

1. gurai

gurai Member

Hello, I am currently having problems with Nero 7. I just got it today and I was trying to burn a few AVI files to a DVD+ and even DVD- within Nero Vision. The thing is I have another burning software called Sonic and it worked great with the burning process of anything that I wanted to burn at the time. The problem with Sonic is that its really slow and I heard that Nero was the best out there. The problem is everything burns successful and gives me no errors what-so-ever, but when I put the disc in the dvd player, i get a disc error. This didn't happen with Sonic but its doing it with Nero. I have a AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ and a LightScribe Double/Dual Layer DVD+-/DVDR Drive. Can someone please help me with this issue? The blank disc that im using is memorex...

2. onya

onya Guest

I do believe that Sonic and Nero have conflicts. Why, specifically I couldn't say, but have noticed this is a common "combo" no no. Other members have suggested that you should uninstall Sonic and go from there. Please sit tight as others will post on this issue. All the best.

Cheers.

3. gurai

gurai Member

So why would I unstall Sonic when Sonic is the program that actually burn dvds correctly? There is something wrong with Nero; like i said, it burns successfully but when i play it in a dvd player, it gives me disc error unlike Sonic.

4. onya

onya Guest

Your next question please

5. gurai

gurai Member

you haven't answered my question yet. Why is it giving me an error disc but burned successfully?

6. onya

onya Guest

Please post the error log(s) that you have, this may go along way in sorting out this conundrum. :)

Cheers.

7. gurai

gurai Member

does it deal with PAL versions of the file that im trying to burn; because it just worked with one of the files i was wanting to burn, but sometimes before burning, a message appears saying that I have more PAL within the files and if I want it to encode all the files to PAL. Is that the reason why it wont burn sometimes? No PAL = NO Burn?

8. onya

onya Guest

Conversion has somehow now surfaced as a seperate issue.(if i'm correct) Please post any error logs you have. This is perhaps the only way we can solve this.

Cheers.

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Sonic is also known as Roxio...and it does not go to well with Nero, so it is recommended to run this zapper to remove Sonic/Roxio.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Roxio-Zap.shtml

History logs are located here

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory

This is possibly the worst brand of disc you could have chosen

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  10. onya

onya Guest

Gwendolin, it really is nice to hear from you.(all too far between) Thanks for the input, much appreciated. All the best guys.

Cheers.