1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burnt DVD wont play Disk ERROR When in the DVD Player(New to this)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cuba21, Jan 31, 2007.

1. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Hi can anyone please help...I use Nero 7 clicked burn DVD and from their it ask for me to add file which I did, and goes into Nero recode, compiles I can watch the preview, looks ok but when the DVD is finished burning it wont play on my personal DVD player only on the computer???
    I dont know I have tried a few different ways so far? Do you have to have a decrypter?? Please explain I am new to it.

Thanks Cuba21

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Sounds like you have a compatability problem with your DVD player. Some players will play the +R format, some the -R format and some will play both. If you are using a -R then swap to a +R and vice versa....you can also booktype the +R format to -ROM but I cant find the guide for it.

3. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Hello their: My husband even tried one of those cheap dvd players and it would not even work in that player I think ts just me my godson is trying to figure it out?? do you have to burn a image first?
    thanks Gwendolyn

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If it plays on your computer then the movie is already burned to the DVD...as I said, it's more than likely the +r or -R format...incompatability.

5. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Ok Thank You for you help, I am using the DVD-R I will try the + and see what happens, Wow it can be a little frustrating, It also says encoding to Nero Digital would that be a problem the digital? I dont know my husband say most DVDs movies are digital.

Thanks again

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I always recommend that, if you are using Nero Recode you select the 2nd option, Recode Main Movie to DVD and NOT the Digital option. This could also be the cause, your player may be non digital compliant.

7. cuba21

cuba21 Member

Thank You for all the info, I will try it and let you know.

CUBA21