1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero choices....need help

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Xpressor, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

my toshiba 5112 came bundled with nero 6 & dvd plug-in
    i also bought the retail nero 6 ultra prior to the writer. debating to return the retail ultra 6 (unopened as is writer) or keep it...are there big differences between the two or is my bundled nero too scaled back i need to keep it...accepting any feedback thanx afterdawners....

2. gotisos

gotisos Guest

personally I would return that POS (piece of software), if ur burner came with nero 6, just my thoughts. I perfer using nero 5 even, just because nero 6 is so dam flashy, uh!

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Hi guys,
    I notice the discussion on which nero to use. I recently tried using nero 6 ultra and had nothing but problems. The biggest drawback was that I couldn't copy dvd to dvd 'on the fly'. Kept getting an error message. After reading other forums I decided to go back to version 5.5.10.56 and it's perfect, I can now copy dvd's or cd's on the fly and it works fine with dvd shrink 317. It's all I need for copying my backups. Also got pinnacle instant copy version 7 which is brilliant but so damn slow and the dvd needs to be decrypted first so it's not a one click operation.

4. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

I have Nero 6 Ultra and i have never had a problem with it. Works like a dream.

CoZZa

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I would assume the Nero that came bundled will be slighly crippled. Recode and Nero Vision Express will probably say 'SE' after it. That's not the full Recode 2, you will not have the make DVD option which will allow you to re-author (in DVD Shrink terms)ie Movie only etc. And NVE will probably only handle LPCM audio (which sounds great but is very large) as opposed to Dolby 2.

Nero 6 Ultra is a very comprehensive package that will do just about anything you may need to do.

6. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

hey guys thanx for the nero info.
    just for an update i returned the retail version and went with the bundled software version.but i ran into another roadblock n e ways.. thanx again

7. Franknca

Franknca Guest

I just tried Nero as I was having a problem in getting Menued and chaptered SVCDs to play on my DVD player when I made them with PowerDirector. I was able to Menu using Nero and it said it chaptered but it didn't give me the option. What I ended up with was a CD with a menu page that I had to turn my DVD/CD player menu off to play the video. And then there was no sound. Nero items also don't have sound on Windows Media player.

I can make DVDs with a menu and chapters and they'll play fine on my DVD/cd player. And CDs are fine without the menu/chaptering. BTW, the reason I'm doing CDs is that I have some short clips that I shot using those 30 minute tapes and don't want to waste a DVD when I don't have to.
    Frank-in-CA

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Please share your problem with us , one of us might be able to help...

I've been using Nero 6 Ultra for a long while now , I only really use it for burning DVD mind ... as NVE 2 (NeroVision Express) is a completely rubbish encoder.
    Anyway let us know what's occuring with ya now Xpressor (?)

9. Violator7

Violator7 Guest

I use Nero 6. When it gets to the end of the burning process, it comes up with and error "cannot perform Disc-at-once". Although it does burn to -/+RW. I have updated my Pioneer 107 firmware to ver.1.10 and running XP pro SP1.

10. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  11. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

hi afterdawners,
    the little roadblock i was mentioning had nothing to do with the software or writer. more of my situation of being in a rush in ordering or not paying attention i'll have to go to the writer section to finish explaining.... thanx for the info ill have to keep in mind when i use nero 6

12. Braxas

Braxas Member

I love Nero 6 Ultra Edition. When I do my DVD Backups I use 2 tools now total. DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to the hard drive and Nero Recode 2 (Comes with Nero Invision) to do the compressing/recording of the DVD files that DVD Decrypter ripped.

Works really well and even on TDK DVD+R's (CMC Magnetics) the only time the PI/PO's really sky-rocket are the end of the disc portion if there wasn't any written data there - this is using Kprobe for my Lite-On 451S. Quality is great and the movies play back perfectly in my Polaroid DivX/DVD stand-alone Player.

13. Franknca

Franknca Guest

I downloaded the trial version of Nero 6 Suite and then later inputted the codes that supposedly activate it but I still can't access many of it's features. Could they all be crippled?
    Frank-in-CA

14. woof811

woof811 Regular member

i think what your on about is the dvd plug in for nero recode 2 .
    iff you enter the right code for a retail nero 6 you dont need a plug in or so they say .
    so you just have to keep trying your serial codes , or purchase the plug ins from nero home page.