1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero compatibility with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Pariah, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I found my old install CD from 2005 with the Nero software on it. I probably was on XP at that time, and the Nero version piggybacked with Shrink to allow seamless rip/compress/burn duplication of DVDs. That computer died long ago and I have been stuck having to manually burn with Imageburn since then. Now that I found the correct version of Nero again, I was about to install it - but now I get a message that reads "This version of Nero is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please contact Ahead Software for assistance." Does anyone here know how to make the older Shrink friendly Nero work with Windows 7? Is there a way to boot my CPU in a diffeerent version of windows for when I want to use Shrink/Nero? Thanks.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

You could make your machine a dual boot system for 7 and XP. You could use a virtual box to run XP. Both method require you to install a full version of XP on your machine.

I have used the dual boot route before I just switched to 7 altogether. Switching can be tiresome. You said you do not like to manually burn with ImgBurn, so this choice may not be for you.

I do use an Oracle Virtual Box to run XP since the wife has a favorite program that DOES NOT run under 7, no way. Setting up the Virtual Box was tricky and am not sure I could repeat it or explain clearly through this forum.

You may want to check out this link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

This is a nifty combo package of tools that allow you to use a step by step wizard or 1 click route. Works perfectly for me on DVDs. (DVDFab for Blu Rays).

Enjoy.