1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Compilation difficulties with movies saved on hard drive

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sullymate, Jul 11, 2007.

1. sullymate

sullymate Member

I downloaded a few movies to my desktop from a website. I have never burned a movie from a website always used Rip it 4 me and dvd shrink along with nero from movies "borrowed".
    I am trying now to "unleash" these movies and burn on dvd+r's. One in particular - Ratatouille - is saying I need cd-r/rw. I kept trying to insert my dvd+r - but got the error message that the compilation needed to be changed in file.
    Tried to change compilation - but can not seem to figure out how to change the -r compilation to the dvd+r that I have.

Any suggestions on this new adventure (and headache) I am faced with would be EXCELLENT!

Please advise
    SullyMate

2. sullymate

sullymate Member

I successfully got the movie to copy to cdr-r - however it is low quality, letterboxed and the movie only copies to 80 min. thus resulting in the movie not completing.
    I have read thread after thread and I am not getting if this is something I should convert with DIVxDVD or what I should do.
    Again - this is something very new to me and I am at a lost.

Please help.
    Sullysmate

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Just some friendly advice - I'd edit out the name of the movie and the borrowed bit - more info then we need. (hint hint read the forum rules)
    Saying download or avi (the file format) is fine.

Convert the download w/ Nero Vision - here's a guide

What version of Nero are you running like 6.6.0.18 or 7.10.1.0?

DivXtoDVD is good too if you don't have Vision.
    Set the standard to the tv format you're in - PAL - Europe etc, NTSC - USA, Canada. If you want full screen set the aspect to 4:3.
    Save to the hard drive then burn the video_ts folder w/ Burning Rom or Express in Nero.

4. sullymate

sullymate Member

I have an american television and the dvd's I usually burn at home are dvd+r's - I then went out and purchased all progressive scan dvd's for my home and they all work in them perfectly.
    Sorry for giving tmi - I am trying to figure it all out and read all the other forums and try to follow and it is ALOT of information.
    Moving on - I have Nero Smart Start (properties: "C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe" -ScParameter=8 ) - I believe this is the Nero 7 version.
    If I am understanding you correctly - I need to save the torrent files once downloaded to my harddrive then flip them with divx to make them a movie?
    I am a little confused - your guidance and assistance is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

5. sullymate

sullymate Member

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Ok just extract the download to your hard drive.
    You can use Nero Vision to convert them for you.
    See my post above for the guide on Nero.

For the version # open smartstart and look to the bottom hand corner and click on the icon w/ a somewhat looking flame in it. This is product center. The version is listed next to Burning Rom.