1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero copyright help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mattclue, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mattclue

mattclue Guest

hi i hope this it the right form to post this.
    i'm trying to burn dvds on nero startsmart but it comes up with an error saying the disk is copyrighted. how do you get past this? ! no you can because my friend can and he has shown me but i had to reboot my computer and his not not showing me again! plz help thx!

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

first use DVD Decrypter to decrypt the movie first. And this is just a tip, since the movie is on a DVD, this question should b posted in a DVD forum. That way u probably get your question answered arleady, lucky i am still up.

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

here are all the steps since i dont think u know much about wat are we doing here
    1) decrypt the movie by using dvd shrink (dont use dvd decrypter)
    2) then after u finish, click on the button back up on the program. select ur iso name and destination folder. click ok
    3) now download dvd decrypter and click mode>iso>write, choose the image ujust created by using dvd shrink, click write. Now ur movie is ready to b copied.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Why not just use shrink and nero? It would probably be easier on mattclue since he is new to DVD backups.

5. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

anydvd works well with nero also . its not free but it can be tried for 21 days .

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I figure out that dvd decrypter is easier to use than Nero. Not only it takes less than secs to install, but it takes only few click to burn. And yet it is free, nero can't beat this. mattclue say something man.

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

mattclue already has nero. Shrink will use nero automatically after it encodes.

8. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

hey i dont know if u guys ever experience this, but i tried that way.
    U know when u click the back up button, dvd shrink lets u either choose to make just an iso image or make an iso image then burn it either using nero or dvd decrypter.
    So itried the 2nd way, then dvd gave me an error msg saying that it cannot lock on the drive n refused to burn.
    I then found out that when dvd decrypter starts, dvd shrink is still on which means it is still reading the movie at the same time with dvd decrypter.
    So my advice is that when u use dvd shrink, just make only an iso image. Then manually shut down dvd shrink and start either nero or dvd decrpter to burn the movie.

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

cuteperv, shrink was originally made to burn with nero. It actually uses the nero burning rom to back up a DVD right after it encodes without having to exit or open another program. The option to make an ISO image is seperate from burning directly to your burner using nero. When you make the target your DVD burner, there is no need for and ISO.

10. mattclue

mattclue Guest

hi thanks for your help i'm just new to this all i wanted to do was back up movies. i don't know what an iso is? when i click back up and select backup target as an ISO image file press ok but it come up with " DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot contine. access is denied." and when i download DVD decrypter ant try to install it it comes up with lots of errors so i just give. any advice? thanks.

11. mattclue

mattclue Guest

i live in england so thats why i can't reply so quick

12. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

the england reason is kinda nonsense, lol.

13. mattclue

mattclue Guest

non sense how your 6 hours behind

14. mattclue

mattclue Guest

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved to appropriate forum.

16. svtowanda

svtowanda Member

Could someone please help and tell me how to get Nero to burn after using DVD Shrink,I have it enabled under Edit in DVD Shrink. It used to work automatically, but I uninstalled Nero because of a another problem and then reinstalled it and now I can't figure out how to burn. I
    must really be in the ozone. Thanks!

17. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

The option comes up when you click on "Backup!" button and select your target as your burner. If it is not an option, uninstall shrink and install it again. Make sure nero is installed before you reinstall shrink so it can detect it.

18. svtowanda

svtowanda Member

Thanks WOLFNIGGR for your help. I'm going to have reinstall Shrink because nothing happens when I click on Backup,but thanks!