1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero: Could not perform end of DISC-AT-ONCE......HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matt4876, Jun 18, 2004.

1. matt4876

matt4876 Member

i get this message from Nero about 50% of the time i'm backing up my dvd's, "could not perform end of disc at once". I have no clue how to fix this, i've shut down everything running besides nero when i'm burning cause i read about that being a problem on another post. i've made sure i'm running NTFS file system. i don't know what to do at this point.

here is my equipment and software:
    windows xp
    nero v6.0.0.0
    Plextor PX-708UF at 4X
    Ritek DVD+R (bought off of ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4135492262&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Please help, i think it might be the media since i am still able to burn dvds, but not with consistency.

2. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

are the movies your are trying to burn very close to the 4.37gig you can put on a dvd-r (nero might not have enough room to perform end of disc at once).

BTW, buy your blank dvds from meritline.com next time (cheaper and guarenteed to work).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, Memorex 4X DVD-R, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

4. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

5. matt4876

matt4876 Member

for decryption i'm using dvd decryptor. then i shrink or split using either clond dvd2, ifoedit, or dvdfab.

also, it happens on some dvds that are just in the mid 3gigs.
    i don't think it is the software i'm using to shrink, split, or decrypt since when i burn and get a coaster and then try again using the same software and files it works.

i'm thinking it is the ritek's i'm using, they were the Pro Grade riteks. can anybody recommend some better media thats running about a dollar for each?