1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero crashes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Rumast, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Rumast

Rumast Member

I have a 2.5 ghz Sony Vaio with a DVD-Rw drive, and I'm using the combination of DVD Shrink 3.1.6 with Nero 6. After I encode my DVD to the hdd, I then try to burn the DVD to a DVD-R, but when it says "insert disc" it freezes and I have to restart my computer completely. If I just go into Nero 6 sometimes it won't let me and other times when I try to burn the DVD to the DVD-R Nero 6 freezes when I click on burn. I have the full version of Nero 6, and have burned data and audio CDs with no problem. Whats wrong?

2. cryptdigr

cryptdigr Guest

Are you using the 6.3.0.3 version of Nero? If not then you might want to try it as it has a few bug fixes as well as better compatability with differen drives etc. If you do need to upgrade then make sure you COMPLETELY uninstall any and all Nero software already in place.

Tony

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Sounds like problems I have with Nero on occasion. I remove it and then re-install it. Try a burn using Nero ROM. You should save the burn log and post it.

If you have a program like Registry Mechanic that can help. Nero also has some useful tools to use.

BTW I've got the same system, I have upgraded the RAM to 1024MB and use a Sony CRX 300 ROM and a Pioneer A-07.

Registry Mechanic
    http://www.winguides.com/regmech/?ref=google_KW

Nero Registry Checker and DriverClean tool:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631938356417810.html

Cheers,
    Frank
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2004
  4. camstuf

camstuf Guest

My nero6 OEM is crashing, tried the ungrade on the websire and I tried to un-install and re-install- no help.
    Any clues please help.
    thanks, cami
    _
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Emachines: T2865/AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+ Processor (2.083 GHz)
    NVIDIA® nForce™2/160 GB HDD/512 MB DDR (PC 2700)
    DVD +/- RW Drive CD-ROM Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD;
    8-in-1 Media Reader(USB 2.0,[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2004