1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero disc copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by movies27, Apr 11, 2005.

1. movies27

movies27 Regular member

In the creating image for writing phase of nero's disc copy my burner used to write at 9,000-11,800 kb/s.Since i got my new buner(same brand name)& upgraded the firmware it does the creating image for writing at 9,000-16,000 kb/s....is this normal what do you all burner "create image for writing" write at?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If your writing an image from your DVD Writer and those are actually your times then those are really good. May I ask the make/model of your writer?

Usually reading your disk from a DVD ROM will be faster than a DVDRW drive, but as I stated before your times are pretty good. How long does it take to create the image?

3. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I have a Memorex dual layer 16x burner.It takes about anywhere from 5-8 min to create the image...my old dvd burner i had was a memorex 16x dual layer also but it would take it 10-11 min to create a image..i was just worried that my new burner was creating the image too fast...

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Naw... I would so you would be fine at those speeds. I knew I reccomended those Memorex DVDRW for a reason. :) Just not there media, but I have seen nothing but good resultst with there DVDRW drives. I personally use my DVD ROM (Lite ON) to write files/images to my hard drive my times are a little faster than yours but not much. This also keeps less wear and tear off of my burner.

5. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Thanks a million i was worried about errors ..thinking it was creating the image too fast...i have my burner set at 6x in the actual burn process & i use fuji discs with the TYG02 codes....1 last question is there any big difference between the fuji dvd+r & the dvd-r ???? the store has the fuji dvd+r on sale but not the dvd-r.

6. tomdelany

tomdelany Member

yeah i think your speeds are pretty good. your upgrade of dvd-writer would have new technology to make it run more faster and read faster, best hope that your dvd media can run with it. best wishes

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi,
    There really isn’t a big difference in the type of DVD you would use + or- . It all boils down to personal preference or what most DVD’s players you own will support. If your stand alone DVD players are newer (within 2 years) chances are they will read either + or – just fine. The most important factor when deciding media would be the brand or the manufacturer of the disc. This is a confusing one and talked about in depth all over the forum. So my recommendations to you would be these disks. Most will agree with this.. I hope :)

Buying Online
    Taiyo Yuden (genuine TY’s there are fakes out there so beware)
    Ritek G04 brand these would be the x4 disks again beware of fakes
    Prodisc 2nd class media, but newer media x8 seems to work well for people

Buying at the store (Best Buy, Office Depot, Wal-Mart ect.)
    Fuji film – Manufactured by Taiyo Yuden, MCC, Ricoh Japan, Prodisc, Fuji Film all fairly good manufacturers
    Maxell – Manufactured by Maxwell, Ritek, RicohJapan, Taiyo Yuden
    TDK – Manufactured by TDK, Ritek, RicohJapan, Maxwell, MCC, CMC Beware of the CMC brand
    Verbatim – MCC, CMC, TY, RicohJapan, Ritek again beware of CMC which it seems Verbatim is using more frequently lately.

Note: A good rule of thumb when purchasing your media in the store is to look for “made in Japan or Singapore” stay away from “made in Taiwan or Hong Kong” When buying online always try and get “Branded” media this way you can be sure you are getting the genuine article. There is an exception to that rule and it would be Taiyo Yuden disks. You just need to buy from a reputable dealer when buying online. Here are a few I have bought from with good experience. Of course it isn’t going to be the same for everyone.

Supermediastore.com – Rated number 1 just about anywhere you look.
    Rima.com – Fast and cheap good service
    Mertline.com – Little slower on shipping, but quality media

Ones you should stay clear of
    Shop4tech.com – Let’s just say you get what you pay for.. I received fake TY’s from them

8. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Thanks a ton bbmayo..I wont use anything but Fuji until the end.Fuji discs seem to play in any dvd player i throw at them without any problems what so ever...they kick ass.