1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero disk quality test help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Cidneh, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Cidneh

Cidneh Member

Does anybody know why I'm unable to run Nero disk quality test on my NEC/Optiarc AD-7173A or my NEC ND-3500AG ? DVDInfoPro PIPO test doesn't work either.

NERO:

ND-7173A - After clicking start the drive begins to spin up for a few seconds then gives the error "Error initializing test".
    AD-3500A - The Start box is just greyed out.

DVDInfoPro

ND-7173A - After opening the PIPO test window the "Start" button is greyed out as if the test is already running but pressing the stop button works. Then clicking start it tells you "please wait..." and "Starting PIPO test..." but it stays at 0% and does nothing.

AD-3500A - Gives the error "Check your firmware. Revision 2R8 at least is required." when trying to start.

Any help would be appreciated. I know for a fact that the NERO test can work on the 3500AG as I've seen results of such on these forums when searching Google for answers.. not so sure about the 7173A though but seeing as it's such a newer drive I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

Thanks!

2. Cidneh

Cidneh Member

Wow.. Nobody have any ideas?

3. Cidneh

Cidneh Member

Please Help :(

4. killalot

killalot Active member

That’s Nero for you mate works on some peoples pc’s then doesn’t work on others make sure both your drives are set up as master on the cable and you haven’t got them on the same cable as your hardrive unplug one of your writers then run the test then plug it back in then unplug the other then run the test again and make sure both your drives have the latest firmware also when running the test make sure all back ground task’s are closed down especially anti virus