1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero does not see one of my burners.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by goido, Jul 16, 2007.

1. goido

goido Member

I just replaced my 2 burners, one was an old cd Rom that finally died, the dvd burner also went out. I have them installed by the Good guys store, now Nero sees my D drive wich is my primary burner the master one but it does not see the second one.I checked on my computer and in the device manager and both are listed. Nero used to see all my physical burners. It is Nero 6. I checked on the pull down tab at the burning stage but only one drive is shown.

Thanks,

Andres

2. attar

attar Senior member

In the PC bios is the drive shown on the IDE controller and is that controller set 'Automatic'.

3. goido

goido Member

attar thank you, I am at work now but I will check the BIOS once I get home and remember how to access the BIOS :) But Nero was recognizing the physical drives before, why the change in the BIOS?

4. attar

attar Senior member

Covering the bases ;)
    When you run Nero Tools > Nero Info Tool, what does it report?

5. goido

goido Member

Hi attar, I just run the info tool and it shows both drives but the one that does not appear in Nero has the writte speed grey out, it only shows the read speed at 48x.The dvd burner that shows is a hp the other is a generic brand.Could it be a cheesy drive?I t says DVD ROM DVD-1S16P. Both dvd are DMA and are set to autorun. The one that does nort appear is the slave one.

6. goido

goido Member

Hello again, I just played a movie on the weird dvd and it played fine, no problem, so the issue is the write part of it???

7. attar

attar Senior member

8. goido

goido Member

Aha!!!! I bought this thing at Circuit City for 26 dollars, it was super discounted at the dvdv burners rack, the lady could not tell me why it was so cheap, all the other burners were right besides it. I need to look at the documentation, you may be rught and for that price is only a reader, bummer!