1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO does rip dvd's doesnt it?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fishbulb, Jan 13, 2007.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

am i crazy or just misinformed? i downloaded the latest version of nero, the 30 day free trial. but everytime i try to rip a dvd with it i get the copy protection error. you are supposed to be able to rip with nero and not just burn, right? isnt it nero recode 2 that does this? i have found nero recode, but it doesnt say that it is recode 2. so am i missing something? or does nero just burn the dvd's after you rip them with something else? this is frustrating.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi fishbulb
    Maybe misinformed cause Nero doesn't do copy protected movies.

You either need to rip them 1st with something that will remove the copy protection like DVDFab Decrypter then open those files in Recode to compress & burn.

Or have AnyDVD running in the background while using Recode.

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

ok well that sux. that was one of the main reasons i downloaded it in the first place. to rip movies that maybe other programs wouldnt. didnt the dvd shrink guy sell out to nero? u would think they would rip like shrink does and not just compress since shrink does both.
    oh well. i thought the recode 2 thing was for ripping. i havent been able to get monster house copied. and ive read the long thread on it. and ive tried every combination i can think of with wat i have. i have shrink, dvd decrypter, dvd fab decrypter, dvd fab platinum, nero, and imgburn. cant use anydvd or clonedvd coz i used up the free trial. and b4 u ask, i cant afford to buy them now. the ones that rip wont rip. so guess im out of luck with that one.

4. binkie7

Yeah the Shrink guy went to Nero so Shrink it's no longer updated.
    Nero is located in Germany and from the little I know have a tougher laws so one reason they can't offer this :)

Monster House can be done.

Give RipIt4me a go. Uses shrink too and still updated to handle the later stuff.

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i forgot to mention in my list that i DO have ripit4me also. no luck with that either. i did however get it to rip with dvdfabdecrypter finally. although it did take about 8 hours! but now that i got it ripped i still get an error in shrink and nero, so im still not able to compress it.

6. binkie7

Ok using the latest version of DVDFab - 3.0.5.5?

What happened w/ RipIt4Me?

8 hours is just a bit too long to rip this so check you drives and make sure they are in DMA mode and not PIO mode. Here's a guide.

Sounding like you have a bad/dirty or scratched disc. Try cleaning it off also w/ something non abrasive too.