1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero doesnt have dvd option

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sk8erpunk, Jan 2, 2004.

1. sk8erpunk

sk8erpunk Member

i hvae a copy of nero 6 a lite-on dvd burner +/- rw+/rw- and when open nero and click new with the wizard i dont have option to make dvd. btw im trying to make a backup of 2 fast 2 furious.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

So are you using Nero express? You just need to find a dropdown button or menu that toggles Nero from the CD mode to the DVD mode. If you can describe exactly what you are doing I can tell you where to find it.
    Nero has a few different looks so please tell me what the sreen looks like.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'll guess..When you click on "new" a new compilation window opens, now look at the upper left side of the window and you will see a small drop-down menu with "CD" in it. Click on the menu arrow and change it to "DVD". Right below that is a vertical row of icons, click on the DVD-Video icon.

You cannot back-up your movie with Nero alone, the movie is an encrypted DVD-9 and won't fit on your blank disc. You need to decrypt and shrink the thing to fit. Try DVD Shrink, its free and pretty easy to use if you follow the guides. Get it here and look at the guides too:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info

If you still can't get Nero into the DVD mode let me know, let me know if it works too!!!

Good luck,
    Frank

4. sk8erpunk

sk8erpunk Member

oic its crafty like that. k that brings me to my second qeustion.when i encoded from dvd shrink it split it up into 6 files. do i drag em all into the compilation or wat. also wat are some good medias besides verbatim?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  5. bdybrdr

bdybrdr Member

drag all the files shrink created into the folder VIDEO_TS

6. sk8erpunk

sk8erpunk Member

then???

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

After Shrink has finished analyzing your movie, and you have used the guide to remove unwanted stuff like sub-pictures and un-needed audio, select "back-up!" Shrink will ask for a destination folder. Select browse (I usually go to my D:\ partition, I have lots of room there) and use the "make a new folder option".
    Name the folder VIDEO_TS (all uppercase letters) Use that as your destination folder.
    Once Shrink is finished, you should close it and use Nero to burn with. When Nero asks for video files, they will be in the VIDEO_TS folder.