1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO doesn't start at all.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by lowkwb, May 12, 2003.

1. lowkwb

lowkwb Member

Recently i encountered the problem when clicking the nero icon in start/program to startup the program. the cursor shows the waiting(hourglass) for awhile and back to normal. Nothing happens after that, the program cannot be startup at all. This also affect the shutting down of my win2k later on. I've just install Norton Antivirus 2003 & TMPGEnc recently, could there be any conflict?Could someone kindly explain & provide me with the remedy if possible. thks

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Hello
    Did you have a full version of Nero or a Demo? Because this sounds like the Demo version expiring. If you have a full version greater than 5.5, I would recomed downloading the new 5.5.10.28 version from www.nero.com and install it. See how this works for you.

3. lowkwb

lowkwb Member

It's a full version with serial 5.5.9.0. I tried installing the latest version as you said but the installing could not be complete due to failure while extracting part of the installer. The problem is still there.

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

When you tried installing the update did you uninstal the old version first?
    Not only uninstal it, but remove the ahead folder from program files as well. I would also try redownloading nero. The new version I think is 5.5.10.28 and should be 13149Kb in the folder you download it to. If the file is smaller then it will be missing files.