1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero DVD-Audio Burning.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by placidboy, May 15, 2007.

1. placidboy

placidboy Member

I have noticed that Nero has the availability to burn in a DVD-Audio format using AAC or the Nero Digital Format, but why are these formats only supported? Is it not possible to burn a DVD-Audio in MP3 or WMA (or is this the same thing as a MP3 DVD Disc)?

And what is a DVD-Audio disc? I have noticed that these DVD-A discs work by disc capacity and not by time restraints (such as the Audio CD, which holds 80 minutes, while an MP3 CD can hold 6 hours). Is a DVD-A disc burned like a Data disc or as an Audio disc?

I have heard from some people that DVD-Audio discs function exactly like an Audio CD, holding 80 minutes of music, but burned at an even larger compression rate. Is this true?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

In Nero, there are three DVD choices for audio content:

MP3 DVD
    WMA DVD
    Nero Digital DVD (or AAC)

Obviously the player needs to be able to play the audio format you choose.

Not related to Nero specifically, there is also a DVD-Audio. It is a standardized audio DVD content in a manner similar to that for DVD-Video. IIRC it uses LPCM as the audio format. Several combinations of bit rate/sampling/number of channels are included in the standards. This DVD-Audio is not the same as the Audio DVD listed in Nero Smartstart.