1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero dvd copy problem... always said "The disc is blank or invalid" on the source drive

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by after123, Feb 19, 2005.

1. after123

after123 Member

I am having problems with the nero DVD copy(either Data or Movie).

When it come to DVD disc copy, it always said:

"The disc is blank or invalid"

on the souce drive.

I have no idea why... of course the source DVD drive contain a DVD that is not blank and readable as well.

It just gets on my nerves when it come to DVD copies. Anyone know wat's the problem?

Any help will be appreciated

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What brand/format/speed of media are you using on the backup that you are trying to re-rip? Example- Sony -4x,burned at 4x.

Need more info:

Burner specs,internal/external?
    Separate dvd-rom drive ?
    Nero version?

I use nero's -express -disc copy feature quite a bit at a 100% success rate on dvd movies. I use high quality media and I keep my burnspeed at 4x.

Your media may be the problem.

3. after123

after123 Member

Thx for ur quick respond, saugmon

1st of all. I appreciate for ur help.

1) media: Brand Fuji 8x DVD-R, burn at 8x, and i m just burning regular files, like data, mp3 and some real media files.

2) Burner: SONY DRU710A DVD±RW 16x Double Lay (internal)

3) Separate dvd-rom drive? hmm, I am a bit confused but the way I setup: DVD-ROM/CDRW on Secondary Master; the Sony DVD+/- RW 16x is on Secondary Slave.

4) Nero is Ultra 6.6.0.6

The only way to work around that I can think of is to use DVD Decryptor to back up the source DVD into iso, then burn the iso with nero.

Thx for ur time and patience.