1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero DVD-Plugin Required for Recode?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RNPVenom, Dec 14, 2003.

1. RNPVenom

RNPVenom Member

Ok, sorry to ask, but searching didn't turn up the answer like it normally does.

I have the nero 6 full platinum version, and when I install the new nero visual expressions so I can use Recode, when I pick option 3 to "copy dvd to nero digital" I get a dolby digital 5.1 plugin not installed error, as well as a "DVD-PLUGIN" error, which tells me either to buy the plugin, or use the one that comes with the version 6 platinum. and then it drops me back to the main page.

Well, i have the version 6 platinum, anyone know if this "dvd-plugin" is something I need to physically move off the cd to my harddrive, or am i missing a setting somewhere? Thanks in advance guys...

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Silly question but why can't you just use the regular nero burning options? What exactly are you trying to do?

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

4. RNPVenom

RNPVenom Member

It's really wierd, it asks for the "dvd-plugin" but only when using that "nero digital" option, not the other 2 on the list. It then tells me to buy nero 6 ultra, or pay 24.99 for the plguin. It's not on that list there either.

maybe i should "attempt" to contact ahead support. No one else ever have this problem?

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

This is why I don't use any of Nero 6 stuff yet because I realised when it was released it didn't have anything more than 5.5version except a completely new interface and added extras which with 5.5 you had to get as extras. It's a big marketing ploy by Ahead so I'm not suprised they want you to keep buying more. Obviously it's an error so I'd definitely contact them and point out that you have already paid through the nose for something that doesn't work properly and will be wanting your money back. While you're at it you can also ask them what happened to the continuing updates we were promised for 5.5. Good luck.

6. thomasj

thomasj Member

I got the exact same problem after reinstalling 6.3...

I didn't get this error before reinstalling, but now I can't get rid of it..

The DVD-plugin is supposed to be included in Nero 6.3, so this doesn't make sense...

7. RNPVenom

RNPVenom Member

Well, least it's not just me, I'm trying to figure this out, if anyone makes any headroom, let me know, it does indeed look like it appeared in 6.3, something to do with recode...very odd.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

NERO SUCKS AGAIN!!!

Just tried nero v6300 and when i try to burn any image i had from previous version it makes coasters! it caches files then at the piont where it starts to burn, up pops error

"windows xp says NERO.EXE has caused an error it will shut down!" do i want to report it to MSN - No!

It will make an image data cd, i burnt a dvdr with it! but a dam data normal no effert cd wont burn? same discs same images - dam 10 coasters later!

re-installed aspi layer - uninstalled all drives and loaded back in! nothing!

i have chucked nero v6300 in the scrap heap!

since nero v5 versions they have totally FU*KED this program up!

I have been an avid nero fan for years but all these bugs and updates are starting to suck now BIG TIME!!!

thx - just my 2 peneth worth - carry on people!

9. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It's no wonder that RecordNowMax is so popular at half the cost (about $30-40) and is actually easier to use and also contains a volume leveller for audio track burning which Nero constantly fails to come up with.

10. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I'm using 6.0.0.28 and have had no problems at all. But then again, I've never really had any problems with Nero. I was thinking of upgrading to the latest version, but now I think I'll just stick with what I have until they get it lined out. This *plug-in* thang does tend to get on my nerves too. You can't do shit without coffing up a few extra bux to get the friggin plug-in.

It's like.....here's our new, wonderful software....with all these great features, but you can't use many of them until u pay more. Sheeesh.

11. RNPVenom

RNPVenom Member

my issue is it tells me to buy something I already own, as it's supposed t obe included, but I can't seem to find any "how to install dvd plugin if you own ultra" documentation.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yep its like after all that you need 5.1 codec from them too? why cant they sell all 4 apps in one program? and all codecs?

its geting stupid

nero burning rom
    nero express
    nero ultra edition
    nero inCD
    nero mix?

Wow dude how many do i need which update is for what? no wonder ya program sucks no one knows what to load next - LOOLLOOLOLLOLOLOL

NERO !!!

SORT IT OUT GUYS!!! and also give us the maker of DVD SHRINK BACK!!! you will give him a bad name! and we may get updates on dvd shrink also!

thx...

13. RWG

RWG Regular member

If you didn't/haven't gone thru the online registration I think you HAVE to. At the bottom of the page: http://nero.com/us/powerpack.html it says:

[bold]But wait, there is more:

Dolby Digital ® 5.1 playback
    Dolby Digital ® stereo encoding
    Nero Digital™
    Unlimited MP3 encoding *

* requires online registration upon availability of the PowerPack[/bold]

for what it's worth-
    RWG

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

i downloaded the POWERPACK installed it and it still asked for plugins to be bought! so i used my 3 v5 plugins for dvd it sort of worked? but it still said it cant do anything with 5.1 sound you have to buy that one?

crazy!!

why not just put all in one app and sell it! like other people!

thx..

15. thomasj

thomasj Member

Guys, I've got news for ya.
    You don't need to install the plugin!
    The plugin [bold]is [/bold]included in all downloadable versions of nero 6.3. You do not have to redownload!
    [bold]Thing is, the plugin is only activated if you use the right serial number.[/bold]
    So: if the plugin doesn't work, you are using the wrong serial number!

If your current serial doesn't activate the plugin, open StartSmart, click on the Nero logo on top, delete all serials, and enter the correct one. Voila, the plugin works!