1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero DVD+R problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rnewsome, Jan 7, 2005.

1. rnewsome

rnewsome Member

I have recently installed a Sony DRU710A dvd burner, the OEM software that came with it is Nero 6. The software will burn a DVD+R disk and gives the messge that the burn was completed sucessfully, however the dvd will not playback on any dvd player, including the Sony DRU710A. When the dvd is placed in a player it loads for several minutes before getting an error message. When loaded in dvd player on the computer, it will how the title and the details but still will not play. DVD-R burning has worked correctly.

The other problem I've discovered is that when trying to burn dvds from hard drive dv files, the file types are not compatible. Is there a way to make them compatible, they are mpeg-2 dvd files captured using an ADS video capture usb device. When using the software that came with the ADS device and trying to burn the file to dvd+r, a message comes up saying the amount of space on the disk cannot be determined, if you click ok then a message comes up saying there's a problem with the disk in the drive.

rick

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Stupid question, but when you are burning with Nero, are you making a DVD-Video right ?

Has AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS on it !
    Not just a plain DVD(Data)...

As for your MPG file, try VSO DivXtoDVD

http://www.vso-software.fr/

It will convert MPG files to DVD format.

Future release will let you load more than 1 file.
    Current version of DivXtoDVD only can load 1 file :(
    But hey, it's still free !

3. rnewsome

rnewsome Member

yes, I am making a dvd.