1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero, DVD-Rs and my sanity.. What am I doing Wrong?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DocPocket, Apr 1, 2005.

1. DocPocket

DocPocket Member

Hey all.... looked around for answers to this, couldn't find them.. Or I'm stupid 8)

I am trying to back up my games, like Tekken 5, DW5, etc... nothing special... i can create the ISOs no problem, but am dumbfounded as to what happens next...
    I picked up a copy of Nero6 and have a stack of Fujifilm DVD-Rs... Nero doesn't use DVD-Rs? I don't quite get this... I am still new to DVD manipulation (obviously) but am eager to learn... What do I need to do? Go get DVD+Rs? What is the difference (see how noob?) You may all now slap your foreheads in my direction.

Thanks for help...

DocP

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Try Dvd Decrypter to read/write your backups, there's a free d/l from AD.

To boot your backups, you will either need a modchip installed, or the use of boot discs, like SwapMagic.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Also, what burner do you have doc?

4. DocPocket

DocPocket Member

I have DVD Decrypter... It didn't seem to like my disks either... I have an HP Pavilion a730n the burner is the one that comes stock...

"DVD+RW/CD-RW double layer 8x DVD+R/RW drive with CD writer capabilities"

Oh man... I think I figured something out (um... duh..) let me take a WILD stab here... The fact that the computer says 'DVD+RW' means that's what I should be using right? Oh jeez... I need to spend less time thinking and more time PAYING ATTENTION... i'm really not this stupid...

If this is not the case... please elucidate me... 'Cuz I would be totally lost then.... Are the DVD-Rs older or something?

Now a bunch of posts I've read said to steer clear of the RWs... Just go with the +Rs? yeah? I have a v4 PS2.. It's a fliptop w Swap Magic 3.3

DocP

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Don't use RW's. With a v4 ps2, you are basically hit or miss with +r's, but -r's will work.

6. DocPocket

DocPocket Member

But I am correct in my assumption that I cannot use -Rs in my Drive?

DocP

7. kocher

kocher Regular member

no u cant use the -rs if ur burner only supports +r. try burning a movie on a +r and playing it in ur ps2 if that works then u will be able to play ur back up games on +r as well.

8. DocPocket

DocPocket Member

*whew* MAN! I need to open my eyes and take a minute every now and then.... GOT IT! Thanks for all of your help fellas.... Was able to backup a DVD and CD game... Everything seems to be running smoothly!

DocP