1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero/dvd shrink burning

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by chrisj26, May 13, 2007.

1. chrisj26

chrisj26 Member

I'm almost always having my discs skip when being played back in my DVD player...i doubt it's the discs(TDK DVD+Rs)...possibly also the computer is pretty old(celeron 256MB ram)
    secondlyas im trying 2 compress 2 movies onto one disc anybody know which is the best software to make simple menus to choose between the 2 movies??

2. attar

attar Senior member

Nero Vision 4 (Nero Vision Express), just elect to 'Make DVD'> 'DVD Video' > 'Add Video Files'.
    Select the VOB files from each folder.
    Each group of files from the same folder will be treated as one menu item.
    Nero may warn you that the disk is full and it's up to you if you want to keep adding files.The quality will drop.
    Test the menu at the 'Simulation' step.
    Don't burn over 4x and use Verbatim.

3. chrisj26

chrisj26 Member

I've tried this before.But after my first burn which produced a well compressed DVD just kept skipping on my DVD player but goes smooth on my PC. Ever since I have not been able to open Nero and DVD shrink too keeps getting hung. Also the menu you suggested just runs thru at the start without giving me an option! I have tried following guides using Nero Recode 2 and DVD Shrink as well. Same problem...I will try with Verbatims though...

4. chrisj26

chrisj26 Member

I figured out the problem. It was Nero 7...it has the general effect of making your computer rather sluggish...had to boot in safe mode and use the nero clean toool.i managed to burn the disc with TDK.it has come with considerably less skips than before but plays back smooth as before on my pc.possible that my DVD player is tooo sensitive?