1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero dvd slide show music

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lmm1929, Feb 20, 2007.

1. lmm1929

lmm1929 Member

I am trying to create a dvd slide show and I have no trouble pulling in my pictures, and can retrieve the songs i want into the media list - but when I try to insert the songs into my show I can only seem to get one song to play. I would like to have one song play for the first 20 pictures , then switch to a different song. Its really a simple slide show I am trying to create. I just purchased a sony dvd burner and it came with the nero startsmart software. (nero 7) Any tips or advice ?? thanks - Lisa

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try this. Make a slideshow using "Make Slideshow", leave all the audio out. Make sure you get the pictures and transitions the way you want them. Burn this to a folder you made on your desktop.
    Close the Slideshow project.
    Open Vision again. This time select "Make Movie"..

Browse for the folder you made and add the .vob file.

The difference here is that you can add a couple of audio tracks. Just make sure that the first 20 pictures take the same amount of time as the first audio track. Adjust the display time of the pictures and transitions to do this. Drag your second track up the timeline so it starts when the first one ends.

For best results, practice with just a few pictures. Find all the buttons and read the tips as they appear. This is a lot of fun to do and really easy after you have done it a few times. Don't forget to look at all the different transitions and text effects you can add.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  3. lmm1929

lmm1929 Member

Thanks ! I will give that a try. I just purchased "the book of Nero 7" to see if that had any hints and I thought I could also try to create an audio mix - but that in itself probably would take me a while to figure out. Your way seems much simpler since I am in a hurry to get this slide show for my parents 60th anniversary. Thanks again.

4. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

I am doing the same thing, BUT, I just went straight to Vision to make a "movie". I created "Chapter title" movies first.

Then I start a new project in Vision making a "Movie". I insert first Chapter Title movie I made, insert pictures, transitions and any text I want along with all my audio tracs. I keep inserting all Chapters, pics and audio, saving frequently. After all files are in the project I go back and adjust timing of audio to pics and do what other final editing I need to.

fasfrank, is it better to create a movie or movies of your slide show, THEN add audio? Or is doing it all at once, like I am, OK?

By the way fasfrank, nice site you have too. Visit it very often to glean info.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Fwfireman,
    Sure you could do it that way too. I always figure if you can make it work then it's probably OK.
    The problem I was trying to work around was getting two different audio tracks on one slideshow. You can't do this with the "Make slide show". You would have to combine separate slideshows using "Make Movie".

This is one way I came up with to do that.

Make the first 20 picture slideshow with it's own audio track and burn to folder.
    Make the second slideshow the same way.
    Combine both with "Make Movie".
    I'd use "Title menus only" so you could select each slideshow. No chapters.

I'm glad you found my site!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  6. Fwfireman

Fwfireman Member

Ah, ok. I get what you are saying. Good point.

I looked at the "SlideShow" feature and right off the bat I though...hmmm...I can do that AND MORE if I do it in "Make a Movie" instead.

I just wonder if there is any known or unknown advantage in making a movie your way as I am still trying to figure out why I am getting glitchy burns. :-(