1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Express Burning Rom

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by hersnab, Apr 7, 2005.

1. hersnab

hersnab Member

I have Nero Express and it does what I want, untill now, I need to know a disc is finalised, I can't find the option anywhere, when I used to use Nero Burning Rom I could tweak to my hearts content, so what I need to know is : Does Nero Express finalise all dvd-\+r discs?, if not can it be 'switched on' somewhere I've not looked.
    If the answer to the above is 'no' is there anyway I can install Burning Rom instead of Express, which came with my dvd rewriter(legit!) Its the same program with bells and whistles isn't it? Surely since I have a legit copy I should be able to switch to the burning rom version.

If not I'll have to find a different 'source' for a full Nero Burniong Rom, which I don't want to do seeing as I have it already just with a different user interface and frontend!

??????

2. saharardb

saharardb Guest

if it is a data cd express can finalize just before u click burn
    it says something like

blah blah blah (multisession disc)

if u want to finalize it make sure u uncheck this box

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Nero Express and Nero Burning ROM will always close a session, regardless of the format selected. If a session is not closed, it can not be read by any CDROM, DVDROM, or DVD Player. Only a Recorder can read the PMA area of an unfinalized disc inorder to be able to read it's contents.

To close the disc so that it can not be written too anymore, you must choose the 'Finalize' option, or choose Disc-At-Once(DAO) write method which will finalize the disc by default.

If you use the 'Disc Info' feature, it will tell you if the disc's session is not closed, as it will detect an open session and give you two options. One to close the session or one to close the disc. If these options do not appear, then you can be assured the session is closed on the disc.

If the Disc is finalized or closed, you can tell this also from Disc Info, as it will report the disc as having no more free space. This means it can not be written too anymore and is closed.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

4. hersnab

hersnab Member

Thans for the reply. All sorted now cheers ! Thanks for the inof much appreciated !