1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Express - constant crashing!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by AftaBurna, Sep 24, 2004.

1. AftaBurna

AftaBurna Member

Hi all,

I am using Nero Express version 6.3.1.20 and i am trying to backup to DVD using a Pioneer 107D drive. However as soon as Nero has finished "Caching Files" the whole system locks up and needs to be restarted.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Has this version of Nero got any documented problems related to DVD burning?

All help is much appreciated.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Never had problems with that version. Can you post your system specs? Have you defragged lately?

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

One common problems I have seen on some threads in here is that people will update their Nero 6Ultra in bits and pieces. -- There is a newer version of Nero 6 available -- so why not update to it.. making sure you download ALL the segments for the update.

Nero 6 Ultra is a multitask piece of software ; Nero breaks it down in 4 or 5 sometimes 6 segments for updating so people with slow connections do not get ""server Time Out"" errors downloading one huge file! It is good practice as suggested on their website , to download ALL the segments of the update to stop any possibilities of ending up with a corrupted module.

Like Flip says , it would help if you were to post, when you start a thread , the specs from your personal computer -- it gives people a chance to steer you in the right direction !

Smiles.... !!

4. AftaBurna

AftaBurna Member

Ok sorry, here goes.

The system is an Iomega NAS 300m, which we use at work to provide storage of user files. Its spec is as follows:

Microsoft Windows Powered OS
    Microsoft Services for Unix
    Microsoft Services for Novell
    File Services for Macintosh
    Native support of Active Directory Services and DFS aggregation
    Computer Associates® eTrust™ Antivirus 7.0
    Iomega NAS 300m/240GB
    Intel P4 Celeron Processor, 2.0GHz
    256MB RAM
    RAID 0, 1, 5
    Single 10/100 Ethernet
    Single 10/100/1000 Ethernet
    3 x 80GB Hard Drives, 7200rpm
    1U Form Factor
    2 USB 2.0 Connections

It is not a computer and therefore i can only access it via telnet, would this be an issue.

Thanks for your help.
    AB