1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Express / Recode

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zeppelin6, Apr 18, 2005.

1. zeppelin6

zeppelin6 Member

Hi All,
    After reading through many posts, it seems that alot of us are experiancing a slew of problems with these products. As with many others, I cannot do a "remake" in recode, because the title import window is empty. I tried the "rename the dll" trick to no avail. Also in Express, if I try to import PAL titles from the hard drive, it fails. It appears however to be importing them directy from DVD though (these are all non-protected DVD's). Also, depending on which version of Express I use it will actually crash to desktop. I hope Ahead can get this figured out.

-zep

PS Did the Nero guys buy DVDShrink and repack it into Recode? They are SOOOO similar.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The author of DVDShrink was hired by Nero therefore we have Recode which is very similar except it can't decrypt.

Jerry

3. zeppelin6

zeppelin6 Member

That explains alot :)

4. michi90

michi90 Member

@ zeppelin6

There is simple solution for your problem.
    Go and read what I (michi90 at page 6 and 7) wrote in this thread:
    'nero recode2 problems after latest update ' !

5. zeppelin6

zeppelin6 Member

Are you talking about renaming or removing the dll? I already read that and tried that before posting. No luck. If you look at my post, I said I tried it.

-zep

6. michi90

michi90 Member

@ zeppelin6

You have to try both.
    It's 'dvddisc.dll' (9X/ME ?) or 'ndvddisc.dll' (XP ?).
    It works for me and others.

7. zeppelin6

zeppelin6 Member

8. michi90

michi90 Member

@ zeppelin6

Have you solved the problem of missing Nero Digital options on Recode's start screen before ?
    If you have already access to this options (solved with a new serial number from nero support), but my trick with one of the two files does not work for you, I'm sorry.
    There must still something different wrong on your system (nero installation).
    I think these never ending bug story is a desaster for the Nero AG reputation.

Good luck !

9. zeppelin6

zeppelin6 Member

I am a newbie with Nero, I dont even know what Nero digital is for. I had a specific need to translate my wife's PAL yoga DVD's to NTSC for use here in North America. No they are not region coded, and no they are not encrypted. They just dont play on US gear because they are encoded PAL. I was going to merge two DVD's onto one disk as well. Nothing but errors and problems. I found I could not import PAL titles from hard disk but I can from the DVD (not with remake, which doesnt let me import from anywhere). It so easy to lose your work editing the menu screens too.

Does anyone know of software that will let me merge, edit, and recode to NTSC like Nero recode, but actually works?

-zep

10. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

First off if your DVD source is protected you CANNOT use Recode to import. Second if you just want to burn DVD's the go to www.dvdidle.com and download the trial versions of DVDFab Platinum and DVDIdle Pro. DVDIdle Pro will work and let you import into Nero Recode but you must have an external drive to do so no matter what thread here says otherwise. If you want you can use DVDFab to copy the entire disc down to your hard drive then use Recode from there. Stay away from Nero Digital since no home DVD plaer can play these files. They Look nice but the original MPEG2 is what you converted in the first place so where is the great picture coming from. Nero Digital is stricly meant for people with a digital camcorder who want to transfer to this format. It is gaining in popularity but stick with the mainstream. I do like Nero Digital since it does save space but again, my pc is the only place these files will play.

11. zeppelin6

zeppelin6 Member

As I stated clearly in my message they are not protected DVD's in any way.

-zep