1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Forum Choked

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by attar, May 30, 2007.

1. attar

attar Senior member

An alarming number of threads are building on the Nero Discussion Forum.
    I count thirty which are running from two to fourteen days without a response to the initial post.
    I hazard that it's the reading of the log part of the job that is causing the backup and few seem able to interpret them properly - God bless those who still can and do.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Indeed. I don't post there anymore, as I don't really have enough time to answer the alarming amount of posts that get asked there. I'll have to start helping out again.

To all: Reading a log really isn't that hard, once you know what to look for...
    I don't think she's ever posted it here, but binkie7 has written a guide on this, which can be found & read here!

3. attar

attar Senior member

I'm wondering if the first response to any problem with Nero (and only Nero) failing to burn, should be to uninstall, use the clean tool then reinstall...It doesn't take long and it doesn't do any harm.
    Seems to me that if Nero didn't provide such a comprehensive log file most of us would be up the creek, yet Nero gets cursed all the time when it's often media, firmware and high speed burning to blame.
    There are few threads related to the actual features of the software.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

I DO NOT USE NERO,TO OVER BLOATED

I use this,its only 400 dollars.
    GEAR PRO Mastering
    http://www.gearsoftware.com/pro-mastering.cfm

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes ireland, that's nice and all, but a) it's not exactly relevant to the thread is it? and b) who has $400 handy to dish out for burning software?

@attar:

Agreed.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  6. ireland

ireland Active member

ripper
    to me its relevant....to me nero is junk,i gave my program away..

my point is,i do not want to look at log files to find out why it does not work...

i want a program that works right the first time.

Professional features at an affordable price.99.00
    link
    http://www.gearsoftware.com/pro-professional.cfm

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, I meant not relevant in the context of the thread - IE, Nero forums being chocked with unanswered threads.

I can appreciate your point, but lots of us, including myself, use Nero with no problems at all. It's usually a problem of PEBKAC ;-)

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I must admit that due to other recent commitments I have not visited Nero forum as much as I would like, however I will soon rectify that problem. May I also say that Nero forum is NOT the only one where there are several unanswered threads.

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the problem is alot of us get tierd of answering the same questions/problems that people have. like most the time using better media, lowering you're burn speed and a firmware update and updating nero to the latest version fixes 99% of the problems

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Gwen, you are right - a few of the other digital video realted forums are becoming the same way.

And aabbccdd, you're right. Most of the time that does it.

Also, as you said, we get tired of answering the same questions, but no one likes to copy and paste huge answers to threads (well, I don't).

11. JinxDojo

JinxDojo Member

Perhaps the solution is to simply stop answering questions that have already been addressed--possibly pointing them to an existing solution--and instead focus on new questions that have little to do with burn speed/media quality/firmware version. Just throwing it out there: if one runs a forum for software that is generally not supported, one is going to receive redundant messages from users who have no alternative. It's not fair for Ahead to place the burden on users of this forum, and probably warrants Nero's demise; yet most of you adore Nero so much that you'll continue supporting it--so be it: but expect that sort of nonsense when there is no where else to turn.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  12. attar

attar Senior member

I've been around forums like that and while it does give a measure of satisfaction to order the peasants to the servants entrance it gives the place the air of a snooty club where the long timers can sneer at the Newbie.
    Telling someone that the question has been answered and to use the search feature isn't my idea of The Golden Rule and while
    is risible and I am aware of the shortcomings anent software sellers, punishing the victims further is scant satisfaction - to me at least.
    I shall limp along, notwithstanding.