1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero freezing up when adding AVI files

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by RussP53, Feb 23, 2007.

1. RussP53

RussP53 Guest

I just got a new Sony DVD burner and with it came " Nero StartSmart Essentials "ver.7. When I first tried it on MPG movies it worked fine. But any time I try and add an AVI file it freezes up.Any help would be appreciated.. It worked great for the mpg's.. Being a newbee it was nice that it worked the first time with these files, but over half of what I have are AVI's..

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

the only way to help you is if you post a failed Nero log found here:
    Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory.tx
    then members can see where things got fouled up and give you good advise on how to fix!

3. RussP53

RussP53 Guest

I would do that but it freezes just as it is trying to load the AVI into it and there is no log generated. I did uninstall it and reinstall and the first time I tried a AVI file it worked fine and it did do a log file for it. But the second time I tried an AVI file it froze again and will not work any more..?

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Since all .avi files are not alike, perhaps you could use a different type of .avi. Are the ones you are currently using a type of DivX or Xvid?

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I have struck this problem with certain versions of Nero 7, which version are you using. eg 7.7.5.1

6. near

near Member

use winavi to decode first

7. RussP53

RussP53 Guest

It says 7.20 I think it's part of a package for Sony ( The manufacturer of my burner ) I have since installed an older ver. of Nero Express 6.6 incd 4. It worked the first time but the next one I tried didn't load? I tried 3 or 4 others with no success..I'm thinking that maybe there is a setting not right.. or something in my system that's messing it up after the first try.?