1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Freezing!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kibblz, Jan 7, 2007.

1. kibblz

kibblz Member

I recently reinstalled windows due to some issues with my mp3 player. There was some sort of error message that told me it was not compatible with windows and microsoft basically told me they have no idea why its doing it. So i figured i'd start anew and it worked. Problem is now whenever i try to burn anything (be it mp3s, dvds or w/e) nero freezes up right when it should start burning. I had this problem before (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/364374) so i just went back to my old post and tried all of the things that i did before. For some reason though it still does not work.

I am using nero OEM 6.6.0.18 and nero digital 3.1.0.21 (not sure what that is) if it is any help. Oh, and i tried to go to program files>ahead>Nero>nerohistory.txt to get a log file but there was none. I searched my computer for the file and still could not find it. Hope someone can help. Thx

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Try searching for just NeroHistory and see if you can find it.

Do you remember what area solved the problem before, like a drive problem or some driver problem?

It looks like you Sony drive is supposed to be an internal ATAPI drive--is that the case? Your other log doesn't show where the drive is connected, so if it is internal, you might think about setting it to master on the secondary IDE channel. It should show up under SCSI devices on your log.

Did you have to do any updates for Nero before, or some type of plug-in? According to your old log, you were using Nero 6.6.0.19a, but I see you went back to 6.6.0.18.

Your other post also said you changed media--have you tried that?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  3. kibblz

kibblz Member

Ok, i tried searching my pc for nerohistory and still nothing. I think it is because i technically have not completed a burn because all nero does when it gets to the burning is completely freezes and i have to manually switch my computer off/on. My dvd burner also will not let me open the tray until i unplug it and plug it back in.

As for wether the burner is internal it is not. It is a usb sony drx something or other.

I think what helped last time was re-installing nero to the more stable 6.6.0.18 and buying better media. So i still have the media i was using before and I re-installed to .18. Still freezing. Hope you can help. Thx

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't really know what is wrong, but the fact you had to reinstall Windows to get the MP3 player to work sounds a little strange. Some of those type applications cause problems with Nero, but I don't remember which ones.

Have you tried unplugging the burner and then writing the image to disk, then burning later?

It may have to do with the USB drivers or some such thing, and since you reinstalled Windows, some of those may have been overwritten. Do you have other USB devices installed?

5. kibblz

kibblz Member

Well I can't say im really familiar with burning to disk then burning after but I'll try it out. And the only other usb device plugged in occasionally other than my burner and my mp3 player (RCA Lyra)is an ipod mini.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If a Nero history log has been generated then you will find it at this location

Nero 6 history log location: Program Files>Ahead>Nero>NeroHistory.txt

7. kibblz

kibblz Member

Yeh, theres no nerohistory in Program Files>Ahead>Nero. Ive tried to search for the file as well and nothing. Ive tried to burn 3 things all with the same result of the burn just sitting idle and nero then becomes nonresponsive.