1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero good buy? Will it help me do this?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by masoncool, Jan 16, 2007.

1. masoncool

masoncool Member

Hello,

This week in the Best Buy circular Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced is on sale for $50. I was wondering if this is a good buy because very soon I plan on buying a new DVD burner for my computer, and I've noticed many of the burners offer Nero software. I really don't want to buy software twice, if I'm going to get it with the new burner.

I'm also looking for software that will create a movie DVD with Dolby Digital 2.0 sound from an AVI file of a two hour movie that I created with Sony Vegas Studio. I've tried to create the DVD with Sony DVD Architect Studio which was packaged with Vegas studio, but the DVD sound will only burn in PCM stereo which uses a lot of disc space. I would prefer the sound be in Dolby Digital 2.0 and most of the disc space be used for picture quality. Will Nero software alow me to make a high quality picture DVD with 2.0 sound?
    Also, can I set and create chapter points myself?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I know that some new drives come with an OEM version of Nero.... if you want the full version of Nero you would have to buy it.