1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero HELP HELP HELP nero (PLEASE HELP!)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Jazz1, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

I posted part of this under "New Nero Thread". Anyway I get the error that medium (cd) is not empty when trying to burn VCD's in Nero. When I know it's blank, and the disk info thingy in Nero tells me it's blank too. I have tried different type cd-r and cd-rw to no avail. Nero will encode the avi but will not burn it. I burned one vcd successfully (the first), and havent been able to since, on numerous tries.
    Next is TMPGEnc. I dl it from kazaa. When i try to encode an avi to mpeg it tells it's not supported or wont open. It acts like it will only open files that are already in mpeg format. Am i crazy or something? No? Well ima bout ta be!!!!!!!!!!

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

ok jazz1 slow down ....1 do you have divx codecs installed? if not they are available here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/
    2. never ever use nero to convert the file ...nero may have converted your movie and now it maybe too big of file so it will not want the cd because of insuficient space.
    TMPGenc works great if you install the proper codecs
    3. good luck and let me know how you do .....

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

Okay, I have used Nero to encode, I have also used a Panosonic encoder to encode from AVI to MPEG, and still no luck. I have tried to use the TMPEGEnc one too, but it won't accept my files, I will try and find any codecs I need and try TMPEGEnc again, but I can view the files, just not encode them with TMP. Thanks and I'll try to find the codecs I need and reply again.

4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

**TMPGenc not the other thing I typed, lol

5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

Okay, I downloaded some codecs and used TMPGEnc
    to encode the file to mpeg. everything is fine with that. But, whwn I try to burn in Nero I get the same error message "medium is not empty, please insert an empty medium." i hace tried different types of cd's, and some are the same kind that I successfulyy burned one vcd in nero with. I don't understand what the problem could be.

6. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

again you might wanna check how big your file is that you encoded ?
    also does nero do that when you make anyother cd's ?
    it may be a hardware problem or a nero problem...

7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

I can burn audio cd's in nero.........
    File sizes I have tried to burn range from 340 MB to 660 MB. I am completely lost, it appears my hardware (LTR-24102M) is functioning correctly. And Nero works when not trying to burn VCD's.

8. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

**These are the file sizes after encoding with TMPGEnc.

9. Jazz1

Jazz1 Guest

Anyone? I know you people don't know everything, but I really wish that anyone else who has had this problem, and found out how to fix it would respond to this post......

10. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Convert your DivX into VCD using our guide, located at our guide page at:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

...then simply follow the "VCD with Nero" guide to finish the process.