1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero image

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nutty_cop, Jan 1, 2004.

1. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

anybody know how to make an image of a game to a hard drive using Nero? I can't find that feature on 6.0 version.

2. 99cobra1

99cobra1 Member

I found this on a thread somewhere on here. I tried it out and it seemed to work but I dont have a way to test it out until my fliptop gets here next week.

1. Open up Nero Burning Rom
    2. If a New Compilation Wizard pops up close it.
    3.On the far right where it has a drop down for your
    CDRom drive select Image Recorder
    4. Click on File, New and a New compilation Wizard
    should open up.
    5. Select DVD copy
    6. Under Copy options you will select/deselect "on the
    fly" and your read spead.
    7 hit Copy
    8. you will then be prompted to select the
    destination of the image.This will be the image of
    the game to your HD
    9. When finished put in blank media and right click
    on the image you created on your HD and select
    open. This should open up a Nero burn compilation.
    click Burn and that is it

Like I said I did it the burn went well but I do not have a way to test the game to see if it works. Also If you read the top of the first page there is a tutorial that lists a bunch of different burn methods with different software and one of them is Nero. I have not tried it the way listed in the tutorial, once I have a way to test the games I will. Hope this helps and maybe someone with more experience will chime in and help you out.

3. RazorMan

RazorMan Guest

Hi, her is a quick guide on how to do it, it's been tried and confirmed to work .....ENJOY!

[​IMG]

Open up Nero and select your DVD-R/W on the first window. Then, the 'New Compilation' window will open. Select 'DVD'(1) from the dropdown menu and scroll down the list until you find 'DVD Copy'(2). Hilight it.

[​IMG]

From the windows that then appears, select the 'Image' tab(1). Then select 'Browse'(2) and set a location for your image. If you want, you can also delete the image after recording by ticking 'Delete Image...'(3).

[bold] Don't know what u want but from what I can read from your post you don't want to delete the image so don't tick this box then![/bold]

[​IMG]

Now click the 'Copy Oprions' tab. From the 'Source Drive' list, select your DVD-R/W(1) and then set a 'Read Speed'(2).

[​IMG]

Lastly, make sure 'Write'(1) is ticked and 'Finalize DVD' if the option is available. Set a Write Speed(2) and set the number of copies to be made(3). Finally, click 'Copy'(4) and you've finished.

4. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

nicely done with the pics. i tried the instructions. it seems like you can only have the image file after you burn it, that is if you choose to not delete the image. nero definitely lacks one feature: to make an image file from a dvd disc.

5. whassup

whassup Regular member

Just follow Razorman's guide but don't insert a DVD-R into your burner.

After it's finished making an image, just select "cancel". The image will be on your HD.

6. JoeWinch

JoeWinch Member

Guys i was wondering if you could help me out with this...I try to copy a CD with Nero. But then it goes into this *creating image* CRAP ! I was wondering what the hek is the image thing ? And how do you make it stop, it takes way to freakin long !