1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Invalid Block Address

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cmcdon16, Aug 24, 2004.

1. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

I just bought a new Sony Vaio Laptop, with all new software, systems (XP), and I assume firmware. I downloaded the newest Nero and when I try to burn a dvd I get "Invalid Block Address" the burn fails and I add another coaster to the pile. More specifically the log says something about KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST. whats going on here, I used shrink to transcode. Oh yea when the burn fails its not always in the same spot, sometimes 15% 70% ,etc.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hard to tell you what is going on without a lot more info. The good thing is that at the end of each burning session, Nero offers to create a log file, which I assume you have read. If you can, save one to your Documents folder or wherever and then copy and paste the entire thing into a reply to this thread. (Just make sure to not include your registration number, usually a 1a23- number at the top of the log file.)

Usually a bit of tweaking can get Nero working well. You may have a media problem or some conflict going on.

Before you try it again, try these Nero utilitys to check a couple of things:

http://nero.com/us/631938356417810.html

You will find the Regestry Checker and Driver Cleaner there. While you are there check out all the other utilitys just so you know what is available.

Make sure you are using good media. That causes more problems than about anything else. Here at AfterDawn the favorite is Ritek G-04. Verbatim is excellent as well but costs more.

3. cmcdon16

cmcdon16 Member

I've been using ritek go4's all along, and I tried the cleanpack and it didnt help

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Well thats a good start. Your burn log will tell me the media type, your burner setup, program settings and a bunch of other stuff. Hope to see it.