1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO IS LYING !@&^%@$*&

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jaws1000, Jan 30, 2003.

1. jaws1000

jaws1000 Member

I have read more than 800 nero-related burning threads and cannot find one that addresses my problem. I have a Toshiba Satellite and Nero 5.5.8.2. The Nero window goes through the process and claims that burning (for audio cd) has been completed. However, I never see the CD-ROM disc light on and the back of the CD has obviously NOT been touched by a laser. Obviously the CD does not eject at the end either. My laptop also has drag-n-drop installed. this is driving me batty. please help me.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

What is drag-and-drop? Is it some stuff that make CD-RW look like drive units? (like Direct CD and InCD, for instance?). I already warned people on this forum: beware, some times that stuff conflicts with your burner's drivers.

But I'm not really sure if this might be the problem of yours. But why stuck with Nero? There are plenty of good programs around.

Ah just a check: are you sure Nero is able to see the CD-RW unit? (type CTRL-R, or Recorder--> Choose Recorder) Because if it does not, it installs by default the Image recorder. In this case Nero runs correctly but burns the CD content on your HD (creating .NRG images).