1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Issues wtih DVD-9 and Size Available for data??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mgray69, Nov 4, 2007.

1. mgray69

mgray69 Member

I'm noticing that when burning thru Nero onto a DVD Dual Layer, it will only allow me to put about 6,500mb of data onto it.

But if I try to burn a DVD Dual Layer image, it allows me over 7,400mbs.

If I burn an image first, then burn that image to DVD, will I get more space out of the disk rather than burning files straight to the disk?

If someone could please explain it to me, or at least tell me how to get the maximum space out of a DVD9 please.

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is odd?

you should be able to put 8.5 GB of data on a dual layer disk. Are your settings in Nero set to a custom size by chance instead of DVD9? If not and it is set to DVD9 for your ouput size then try changing it to custom and set the size yourself to 8,400 mb. Not sure why you would only be getting 6,500 mb. What version of Nero are you using by the way?

3. mgray69

mgray69 Member

I'm using Nero 6.6.1 but I can't find where I can change the settings for dvd.

I'm using Verbatim DVD DL and when I check disk info in Nero, it says disk is empty and maximum capacity is 6,419mb. There is also a yellow line at about the same spot on the size scale at the bottom of the project window where I add my files.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

4. mgray69

mgray69 Member

Weird, I found the problem. For some reason, this particular disk has only 6,419mb free on it. Even though there apears to be nothing else on it. There are no scratches and it's never been recorded on.

And ideas?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Bad disk it happens, not to often with Verbatim's but we cant all be perfect. :)