1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero lastest upgrade trouble

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by aa_2000, Sep 4, 2003.

1. aa_2000

aa_2000 Member

hi everyone,

recently upgraded nero 6 to lastest version, nero 6.00015. After this upgrade have tried burning a dvd (dvd shrink - movie only, ripped files play fine on powerdvd). Using dvd udf/iso, same settings as always, (using VIDEO_TS folder) however the burnt compliation is no longer recongised in my stand alone (plays fine on pioneer 106d on powerdvd).

DVD-video files are no longer sorted before the burn occurs and also when dragging the VIDEO_TS folder into the compilation a warning sign appears saying something about compatabilty.

Was wondering if this was something senier members are already aware of in the lastest update of nero??

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It seems to be a common problem with Nero 6 from what i have seen. Im not sure as to a fix, but have tried the DVD Video section and instead placing your files inside the VIDEO_TS folder it provides for you?

3. aa_2000

aa_2000 Member

i uninstalled and went back to version 6.00011 since i had no problem with that version. Never used dvd-video, as i have been under the impression that it is less compatible then the udf/iso option is this still the case?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its an ongoing arguement across the boards. Use what works for you :D

5. aa_2000

aa_2000 Member

Oriphus unfortunely i only have one dvd player (pioneer dv-656a)so i am unable to check my dvd-r discs in more then soley this player, but as i'm starting uni soon and moving away from home i was looking at getting another player, one not so pricey ;), and was wondering what u would recommend for about £120 - i think the toshiba e330 looks good at £80 (amazon)??

6. aa_2000

aa_2000 Member

forgot to mention that i'm hope u'll beable to suggest something that tends to be more or less compatible with the same discs as the pioneer dv 656, i'm using pioneer 106d for burning on dvd-r mirror platinum discs (brought before hearing ritek go4's were the best)