1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Making an AVSEQ01.MPG instead of a .DAT file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cwl, Jun 25, 2003.

1. cwl

cwl Member

I have had nero burn a couple of BIN/CUE files with no problems. My last cd for some reason Nero gave me a AVSEQ01.MPG instead of a DAT file. Is this something Nero does sometimes or did I screw up with a missed setting? I downloaded the mpg file to my hard drive and change the file ending to .dat and the movie runs fine. Should I use a different burning program?
    Thnaks in advance
    cwl

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi, i dont think its something you have done and i dont think it is a quirk with nero. I think you will find the bin file was an image of an SVCD not a VCD. This means it ill be mpeg2 as opposed to mpeg1 and different resolutions and bitrates. If your Home DVD player supports SVCD you will be fine.
    Hope this helps

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Whether it says dat or not! It still has riff headers so it basically is a dat file anyway but dont change it at all as it should work perfectly if ur dvd player does support it!

4. cwl

cwl Member

Looks like WinDVD wont play the "mpg" file that Nero created instead of the DAT file. Power DVD seems to have no problem with it :).
    Next question, for my DVD player to recognize a SVCD what should the file be? A .DAT or .MPG? Unfortunately my stand alone DVD player is at home in Canada and I am in Europe for work for the summer and I can not try my finished product.

Once again thanks so much for the help.

cwl

Last edited: Jun 26, 2003
  5. DMW

DMW Regular member

If it is svcd then the file will be an mpeg extension, if its vcd it will have a dat extension (ive not seen an svcd with a dat extension, i could well be wrong though...dela??) If your player supports SVCD then it will be fine, i belive there are header tricks you can use to make a svcd play, but ive never had to use them. Check the specs on your player to see what it supports
    Hope it helps

6. Dela

It is still a dat file but generally svcd has mpeg files! cwl u can use VCDEasy to rip that file to a true mpeg file to play in WinDVD!

7. cwl

cwl Member

Thanks so much for the help!

Take care

cwl

8. cwl

cwl Member

Thanks so much for the help!

Take care

cwl

9. Dela