1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Memory Problem?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by klep, May 10, 2007.

1. klep

klep Member

My harddrive is packed, so i decided to burn some of my movies using nero vision 4 to some disks to free up space.

I go into vision an put together a dvd, then when I go to burn it says that I dont have enough space to burn it. So I use my mp3 player and port over all of my music on my hardrive to open up the space and ill just redownload it later. Well it works and I start to burn the DVD, well when I wake up in the morning I see it got stuck so i just closed out the window and said illtry it again while im at work.

I go to burn the cd and THE SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN now i know that the songs are gone so i should have space what is taking up so much space and how can i delete it so i dont have to start uninstalling programs to get pass this memory limit. Did it create a file and where can i go to delete this around 4gb file i searched for it using file search and i dont have a file that large on my pc at all.

Thanks

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

How much free space is left on the hard drive?

MP3's don't take up that much - a full cd is roughly 70 mb. Tons of them would take up space though :)

Run a registry cleaner like the free ccleaner. Use the cleaner and issues options. Does a better imho then windows disc cleanup.
    Now check your free space.

Next check your temp folder. See what ccleeaner didn't get (by default leaves temp files accessed within the last 3 days). May be some stragglers.

Go to my computer> c drive (or whatever letter your hard drive is)>documents and settings>owner (or your name/admin of pc)>local settings>temp.
    Clean out the files here.
    If you don't see the folder local settings then go to tools in the toolbar. Click on folder options and view. Under hidden files and folder check show hidden files and folders.

Do a disc defrag too - but you'll need at least 15% (I think that's the %) free space to do one.