1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Menu Problems and Lip Sync prolems after conversion... PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by towell, Nov 8, 2004.

1. towell

towell Member

Ok, I'm having problems with Nero. Basically I think it’s just Nero and it’s and it's functionality being to limited on creating menu's. I think it hasn't considered people adding two files that are part of the same movie to be played on the disk as one file. Maybe it's just me :p... It’s a little bit complicated to explain but I’ll try my best.

I'm trying to copy Spartacus to DVD from two .avi files. Each file is approximately 700mb each.
    When I add the files to my DVD project the files show as two different movies/clips/files. I was wanting Nero to show the files I added as one continuas movie. So the menu only show’s one ‘PLAY’ button, rather than showing the files separately on the menu as part one and two.
    Basically it wont let me delete the icon/title of the movie/file from the menu without deleting it from the DVD altogether.

I can solve the problems by not creating a Menu for the DVD then Nero automatically configures the DVD to play the first file then straight to the second.

But I’d much rather be able to create menu’s for my home movies and backup’s.

Onto the second problem….

When I convert to DVD and burn to a disk the movie’s lip sync goes out after about 10-15 min of the film.

I converted the avi’s audio to 4800k (in Virtual Dub) before converting to DVD and both the original files and converted audio avi file played perfectly and the lip sync is spot on.

I’ve made endless amount of movie copies and converts from all formats yet I haven’t seen these lip sync problems since my early days of backups and cant remember where they originated from

I hope I explained that ok….

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

When you Launch NeroVision and select Make DVD->DVD-Video it takes you to the 'Content' window. You then add your two AVI files, and from within this same window you will see three buttons on the bottom left of the window. One of them will be a merge button. Just highlight the two AVI files you added and select the MERGE button. This will cause the two AVI files to be one.

In the Edit window, they will still be seen as two seperate files, but as long as you do not place a transition between them, when you burn to disc it will play as one. (I've requested a future feature so that when you do use the merge option it is shown as one file in the Edit window)

As for the sync problem. If you first burn to your Hard Drive, when you play it back does it have the sync issue? If not, then try burning the saved content on your Hard Drive to DVD and see if the issue occurs. If so, a slower burn speed may resolve your issue.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. jerdog

jerdog Member

I've found that if you merge the two files together previous to using nerovision it works fairly well with no sync problem. You can find avi merging softare all over the internet. The most idiot proof one is AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Joiner found at www.boilsoft.com

Best regards

4. towell

towell Member

Thanks for the info guys! I'll check it out when i get home from work! Must have just missed that option!

I think I did use a seperate merging program! yet i cannot remember which one it was...

I first burned the DVD to my HDD then onto disk, i did not check the copy on my HDD before i copied it to disk (it was the disk i was having the problems with). I'll check the copy on my drive when i get home.
    If there's not problems there i'll trying burning at a slower speed, I burnt the last copy at 4X.

I'll post back with my results!

Again, thanks for your help!!