1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero/miniova/dvd-r?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sincykid, Mar 2, 2007.

1. sincykid

sincykid Member

ok so most of the files i download are in avi format. i use nero 7 ultra edition. load avi,make menu, it transcodes and burns for me sometimes it fails if its a mix of PAL and NTSC im ok with that. but when i try to put multiple movies on one 4.7 GB DVD-R it fails when making dist structure. so a few ?'s. what is it converting my avis into - vob? why cant i put more than one file on disc. i dont wanna use cd-r or make data discs these need to be movies people can take and play in their dvd players. is there an easier way to go about this? any help would be appreciated.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Most files d/l from the net are usually in a compact form, namely AVI, around 700 mb or slightly larger. These have to be transcoded by Nero to be DVD compliant and a normal movie of around 700mb will end up being around the 4 to 4.2gb size which will fit (in most cases) to a DVD5.

3. sincykid

sincykid Member

i understand all that. i usually select long play though because if i do autofit it plays on my dvd player but i get complaints that movies cut off at the end so with long play they end up about 2.5. but that not what im asking really.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I believe this is the question you are asking...well the simple answer in relation to a DVD5 is NO, however to a DVD9 then it is possible to fit possibly 2 movies.
    Apart from that info, I have no more I can offer.

5. sincykid

sincykid Member

ok. if you cant answer my question then stop replying. i have dvd-r's with 3 movies on them that i copied from a friend who bought it from a fellow bootlegger. so it IS possible.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You will not get far with that attitude

Also

You will receive NO help from AD with piracy