1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero, Nero recode 2 and DVD Decrypt

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matthew23, Jan 25, 2005.

1. matthew23

matthew23 Member

Hey guys and gals,

Cansomeone please explain to me the difference btn nero and nero recode 2. My plextor burner came w/ roxio (ewwww-i hate it) and right now I use dvd shrink and dvd decrypt to burn. What is the advantage of nero? How much does it cost? Is it worth it?

thanks-- *matt

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First, Nero Recode is part of the complete Nero Ultra 6 package. It was written by the same author as DVDShrink and works about the same, however Recode does not include the decrypting ability that Shrink does. The complete Nero package is well worth the money. You get a 30 trial usage of the complete download to try it out. Nero in no way decrypts dvds so you need Shrink or Decrypter for that part of the process. I would download Nero and give it a try. Most members end up getting rid of Roxio and using Nero in its place.

Jerry

3. matthew23

matthew23 Member

thanks, I've heard nero is awesome but what can I do with nero that I can't already do with dvd shrink/dvd decrypt?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Nero is a complete burning package not just for dvds. You can burn data, music, or convert downloaded AVI files to proper dvd format and burn to a dvd. Many extra features. Thats why its a good idea to try the free 30 trial just to see what you can do with it.

Jerry

5. matthew23

matthew23 Member

but as far as dvd-burnability is concerned, dvd shrink/dvd decrypt do the same thing as nero?

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You can burn dvd files with all of them. But you can't burn data or do things like convert AVI files to dvd with Shrink and Decrypter. You can't rip a dvd to your HD with Nero by itself, but you can with Shrink and Decrypter. It all depends on what project you are trying to burn.

Jerry
    Let me change that a little. Shrink can not burn at all without the help of Nero or Decrypter. It doesn't have a burn engine.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005