1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero not burning

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Bear08, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Bear08

Bear08 Member

Just wondered if anyone out there could help me with this error code please?? And maybe explain what it exactly means as I have no clue.

I tried burning a film using Nero through dvd shrink but have had this error many many times and dont know what to do! When this happens it freezes my computer right up......!!! My DMA setting is on, if that helps?!

DMA-driver error, CRC errorF: Optiarc DVD RW AD- 7170S

Hopefully somebody can help?!?! Cheers

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

What exact version of Nero are you using?

Try this. Make the target output an ISO image file instead of burning directly with Nero. Then startup Nero Express, select Image, Project, Copy in the left pane and then Disk Image or Saved Project in the right pane. Navigate to and select the ISO image file you created with DVD Shrink, make the burn settingfs and burn. You can also burn the ISO image file with the free program ImgBurn.

http://www.imgburn.com

3. Bear08

Bear08 Member

Hey. Im using Nero 7.10.1.0 at the moment.

Never had any trouble at all until I swapped my old dvd writer for a new NEC AD-7170S 18x DVD-RW RAM SATA dvd writer. Since then been having this error come up 8 outta 10 burns and failing. Why would I now need to convert the files into ISO??

I normally burn films using Nero, and it makes coasters more times than not now! Trying to figure why its started doing it now!!

Please look at another Thread I put up, with a fail log of a burn that made a coaster. This is the same fail log I get every single time!!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/560372#3389247

Would appreciate any further advice if possible

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Right now we're trying to determine whether the problem is systemwide or just Nero related. In the other thread, I noticed you were burning at max speed or 18X. That alone can cause problems. If you're direct burning with Nero from Shrink, you have to set the burn speed in Shrink. It's under the Burn Settings tab when you click Backup!

Create the image file and burn it with ImgBurn. If that seems to work, that'll tell us Nero is having problems and we'll go from there. If ImgBurn can't burn, thn there's either a systemwide problem we need to find or your burner is faulty.

5. Bear08

Bear08 Member

OK cool! I see where your going. Thanks!

I did reply to your message on the other thread.

Sorry for being thick here, but how do I make file into an ISO image file? I've never used ImgBurn or Iso files before.

Thanks for your help

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

In DVD Shrink (if you're reauthoring a DVD) instead of selecting the DVD burner or a hard disk folder as the target output, select ISO Image File. If usingf Nero, just use the Image Recorder instead of the DVD burner as the recorder/output device. In ImgBurn in Write mode, just select the image file to be burned as the source and your DVD burner is the destination. Be sure to set the correct burn/write speed and burn by clicking the page/disk icon at the bottom.