1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero not installing

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 1hos, Apr 25, 2007.

1. 1hos

1hos Member

Since I got Vista I can't install Nero burning and editing software. I even dl the trial on the Nero web site (since it is the latest version and "Vista compatible") but it still won't fully dl. I get this error:

[​IMG]

For some reason the installation is "interrupted" and it won't install. Nero product support is nonexistent so I can't ask them.

I wondered if maybe an old installation is messing it up. But Vista isn't letting me delete some old Nero files left behind from a previous deletion.

I use the Nero Clean tool to delete these shell files but it says:
    [​IMG]

But when I go to delete these old files since they are just placeholders it gives me this error msg.:

[​IMG]

Last, I've tried to delete the files the old fashioned way but it won't let me delete the files! It says:

[​IMG]

I don't know why Nero won't install. My disk with serial # also doesn't install. Or, will install but then it won't update properly which is why I found the idea (on this great forum) to just dl the demo and put my serial # in it. Arg! I got family videos waiting for the Hos Editing Treatment!

2. 1hos

1hos Member