1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero OEM Suite 3

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kks, Aug 28, 2004.

1. kks

kks Member

Hi there
    I am a real novice to DVD burning having just upgraded my ACER CD Writer to the Pioneer DVR 108 DVD burner. Nero OEM Suite 3 came with it and all it installed fine, but I cannot get the Nero Express screen to toggle to Nero Burning ROM using the NERO button at the bottom of the screen as detailed in the NERO Express Guide. The NERO tool states it is using NERO Burning om 6.3.1.18. I am trying to burn a DVD from backup files rip using DVD Shrink. Any suggestions welcome. When I select the NERO button it just displays the NERO product screen.
    thanks....

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

What you got there is the basic version of nero.
    A lot of the features that it advertises won't be available to you.
    They will expect you to spend some money to upgrade it.
    I use Nero all the time for everything, but I never use the burning rom as such. I always use Nero express to do all my burning. Especially dvds.

3. Yordan

Yordan Guest

KKS, check your Private messages box...

4. colw

colw Active member

You are using an OEM version of Nero?? Some OEM versions do not have the DVD burner software avaialable/enabled.

5. kks

kks Member

Many thanks all for the quick response.

agent-k
    Hmm...I suspected that much. I have always used the Nero Burning ROM 5.5 with the old CD burner, but that version do not support DVD. So I installed the OEM Suite that came with the Pioneer burner. Guess I have to learn the new Express interface. Hard for an old dog to learn new tricks...-:) or should I say in this case too lazy one.....-:)

Yordan
    Many thanks for your email. Will try that out later....

colw
    This OEM Nero Suite came packaged with the Pioneer burner and I did manage to burn some data to it ok. Except I am not familiar with the new Nero Express interface....

Now that I backed a some files onto the DVD-R using one-disc-at a time and not closing the disc, it did warn me that non-XP versions may have a problem when I next try to add more to the same disc. Well I am on Windows 98 SE,, so I will see when I next try to add more data to the same disc. Hence my reluctance to use the new Express interface. With the 5.5 Nero Burning ROM I know what options I need and where they all are. Many thanks for the quick responses and your time. Much appreciated...
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________