1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero OEM that comes with New Burner

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Koposhi, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Koposhi

Koposhi Member

Bought a new Sony Burner because the HP Burner that came with my computer crapped just out of Warranty. While doing this also did an all-night Scrub and System Recovery. (I'll never buy a package computer again) Any how as I use this thing to burn movies I installed the Nero that came with the new Burner 3 or 4 weeks ago. Today when I was trying to add files to the Copitulation setup I get this big popup telling me my trial period has ran out and to get the Codec I needed to go from AVI to DVD, Etc that I needed to purchase the newer edition of Nero. Talk about getting cheap. So tommorow is a Remove, Clean Up and use Nero's Clean up programs before I re-install old faithfull back on my computer, and it doesn't have a 7 in the front of it.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hmmm.. on the cover of the nero OEM disk there should be a number..
    That is your activation code, and entitles you to upgrade free too (or it used to.. I upgraded from 5 to 6 with an old OEM disk that came with a burner some years ago..

3. Koposhi

Koposhi Member

The OEM is now called Nero 7 Essential with Minimal install of the Rom and Express and after an install it comes up with Blanks to the Registered owner or Organization that used to show up with the old version 5 & 6. No problem as my oldie is version 6 and still shows as registered.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

6 is better anyway IMHO.

5. bukabuka

bukabuka Member

1 day after Koposhi & I have the same problem - can't be such a coincidence eh. I got an LG burner last year which came with Nero Express (as well as other software). It was fine until today when suddenly, no more "Burn Video DVD" function. Only "Burn VCD" & "Burn Super VCD". Also, just a few hours before that, when I had tried to burn some small animation films, Nero had told me that I no longer had codecs to support MPEG2 or MPEG4 and that I needed to buy Nero 7. (To get past this, I burnt the files as Data DVD instead.) It's a bugger coz I later noticed that these same files no longer played on Media Player... just the audio. I took off Nero and reinstalled but same problem = no video codec and no "Burn Video DVD" function. As far as I'm aware, the software that came with the hardware was not supposed to be a trial version - although it didn't come with a number. It came bundled with Acrobat Reader & PowerDVD etc. Any advice on how to get my codecs & functions back without feeding dollars to the monster that invaded my machine, much appreciated.